Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Is this normal?

(9 Posts)
anotherncx Sun 15-May-16 12:55:34

Is it normal for someone with depression to ignore you?

ToxicCunt Sun 15-May-16 12:56:26

It's normal for them to become withdrawn and insular, yes

pocketsaviour Sun 15-May-16 12:57:16

I think you need to give us a bit more context.

Do you mean completely ignoring you, not responding to any verbal or physical prompts?

Do you live with this person?

anotherncx Sun 15-May-16 13:00:07

I don't live with this person and by ignoring me, I mean ignoring my texts and calls.

pocketsaviour Sun 15-May-16 13:06:14

Yeah that's classic depressive episode. I would send a text saying "I'm guessing you're probably low today/at the moment - I'm here to help if you want to talk, or anything else I can do." Then just leave them to it.

Merd Sun 15-May-16 13:20:58

Yes, because everything can feel exhausting, committing to anything feels exhausting, you don't really think anyone cares, you just want to hide away and be left alone, and time passes differently. It's almost definitely nothing personal flowers

anotherncx Sun 15-May-16 13:21:25

Thanks pocketsaviour

anotherncx Sun 15-May-16 13:22:06

Thanks Merd

AliceInUnderpants Sun 15-May-16 13:44:24

Yes, very normal. Don't pester this person, but maybe a quick text or card to say you are there if they need you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now