Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I don't get it .. ..Does anyone ?

(6 Posts)
Heatherjayne1972 Sat 07-May-16 08:54:00

Long story short ex and split 2 years ago for many reasons. He was violent and I had to get a court order I have recently found out that he was probably seeing other women throughout the relationship
And yet people that know us both still tell me how upset he is that I ended it. How dreadful I am to have left him - I should have stayed etc etc
I'm out and not going back but why do people think I should have stayed. I'm baffled
What would you say to these former friends if you were me?

timelytess Sat 07-May-16 08:58:08

"You live with him then. I'm out of there."
Do they know the truth about him? Not that it matters. Steer clear of him and them.

hesterton Sat 07-May-16 08:59:01

'You don't know the truth. Now stop saying this stuff to me please.

Joysmum Sat 07-May-16 09:05:05

If they know some of it then say, 'why do you think so little of me that all I deserve is a man who is violent to me and cheated throughout the relationship? I'd never want that for you!'

If they don't know anything you can either tell them (many don't recommend this) or tell them 'do you seriously think this ended on a whim of mine? I had good reasons and I thought you knew me enough to realise there must be more to it than you know'.

DoreenLethal Sat 07-May-16 09:08:55

And yet people that know us both still tell me how upset he is that I ended it

'Oh bless you. I take it he blubs - through all his tears - about his violence towards me, the court order I had to take out on him and the amount of people he fucked whilst we were married? No thought not.'

Joysmum Sat 07-May-16 09:12:00

'Oh bless you. I take it he blubs - through all his tears - about his violence towards me, the court order I had to take out on him and the amount of people he fucked whilst we were married? No thought not.'

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now