Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I'm not upset after a breakup

(4 Posts)
VikiC Thu 28-Apr-16 16:56:51

Well I posted before about him, and what he was like in a word a narcissist.

I don't feel sad or hurt or angry or shocked. I just feel normal, if anything a bit relieved like I am not being judged

He left a month ago for another country. In my eyes I did the hardest part back then. We spoke when he felt like it, once a week or less. We split up officially 3 days ago after another argument. I was with him for 2 years and I feel nothing.

Is it normal?

Toomuchinfo1 Thu 28-Apr-16 17:10:17

I don't think anything is abnormal when it comes to stuff like that. I definitely felt relief when I split from my boyf of 2 years. I instantly felt lighter.

if you recognised that the relationship was no good, then I think that is perfectly normal.

I guess you might start to feel different as time goes on. if certain things remind you of the good times etc. but it wont take long to remind yourself of the shit times again!

good on you xxx

BlueFolly Thu 28-Apr-16 17:12:05

I was married for 10 years and felt nothing but happiness and relief when it ended. I used up all my reserves of unhappiness when we were together!

VikiC Thu 28-Apr-16 17:23:11

It's good to know I am not the only one.

With breakups in the past I have been distraught and in turmoil and they barely made it to a year.

I thought that this would be the same but it's not. Even my mum says I am taking it well.

I thought there was something wrong with me grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now