Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

My son is regressing - 10 months later!

(2 Posts)
sweettooth12 Mon 25-Apr-16 20:28:13

Hello, I've just joined as I need some help and I havent really got into 'baby groups' I have a 2.5 year old boy and a 11month old girl. He is great with her but in the last month or so it has been a nightmare, he was almost there on the big boy toilet, he was finally enjoying nursery! and so on! Now he wants to be a baby and is doing ANYTHING to get attention. He does get attention so I am a bit at my wits end!!!

Natad00dle Mon 25-Apr-16 20:46:15

Sweettooth, I would put this behaviour down to terrible twos rather than regressing. My son is 3 and a couple of months ago went through a very similar stage. Everything had to be his way, nothing was ever right, he went from being completely dry during the day to proudly telling me that he wet himself at nursery.

It lasted about two weeks (veeeery loooong two weeks :-)) and then something clicked back to normal and he started listening again, rather than just saying "no" to everything.

Sorry I can't offer any advice, but I am not sure there is anything you can do apart from keep giving him the attention that he wants and wait for this stage to pass.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now