Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Resentment

(2 Posts)
Rightfromthestart01 Sun 24-Apr-16 10:46:55

When me and dh first met he was a young single lad I had kids, he used to go out for nights out etc as did I with my friends etc etc. one night I met an old male friend for a drink in a local with all my friends I had text him to say I was going he was finishing work etc my oh went mental accused me of cheating told absolutely everyone I was a cheater told me he never wanted to see me again. I went on holiday with family and friends for a month when I got back we rekindled he said he was sorry I said I should of told him but it really was nothing. recently I saw messages on his fb account from various women all at that time saying things like how he was a good boy etc. how dare he try and drag my name through the dirt when he was the one who was actually doing something! It's been 5 years now and 2 dc but im furious! He's also been looking on adult sex sites!

QuiteLikely5 Sun 24-Apr-16 10:57:44

I think resentment stems from a situation where we have been deeply hurt and have been expected to carry on as before, some people can do that and there is no resentment but some people just find the hurt and pain too much hence your resentment.

They say feeling resentful is like drinking your own poison so I think you need to realise that you are actually torturing yourself by holding onto it.

If you chose to stay then it's honestly I your own best interest to move on from it, the other option is to stay bitter as you are at the mo or move out.

Good luck with whatever you decide

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now