Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Someone should start up a telling the wife / girlfriend / partner service

(7 Posts)
Model1 Wed 20-Apr-16 21:08:10

I find it so hard to read on here all the threads when someone has found out they are the OW or that their MM isn't actually going to leave their wife etc.
My ex-dh cheated on me twice and if someone had told me the second time it would have saved me so much heartache / wondering and some abuse had I been told by people who knew and I had left sooner. I think so many unsuspecting partners aren't told.
I do understand that sometimes people are with the wrong partners and meet someone else and then leave but it's dreadful when people have an affair with no intention of leaving and the cheated on partner has no idea.
It must be so hard to tell the cheated on partner and I can see why people don't tell so I think someone should start up a service so that cheated on partners can be informed by someone independent (with information and evidence verified) and then perhaps more people would think twice about harmful affairs / think that they'll get away with it for so long and more people would know the truth and be in a better position to decide what to do with their life.

1DAD2KIDS Thu 21-Apr-16 10:18:52

Can we start a husband/boyfriend service too. My ex wife was emotionally abusive, minipulative and compulsive lier. I was too loved up to realise as I really did love her to the mon and back. Anyway only after she left me and the kids for another man do all my friends and relatives start coming out the wood work. Pretty much everyone has said we'll she was a little strange or we never really liked her or there was something about her. I thought everyone did like her. They wait till now to tell me angry! Maybe if people had spoke their mind in the early day I could have avoided wasting my life with such corrupted person.

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Thu 21-Apr-16 10:23:35

isnt that what private detectives are for?

Seeyounearertime Thu 21-Apr-16 10:30:57

My ex-dh cheated on me twice

I think a service teaching people to not forgive the first time they fucked about would be of better use. Or maybe a service teaching people to keep their pants on and have some respect for their partners?

A service telling people they're being cheated in wouldn't work because most will go to great lengths to deny its happening to them.

1DAD2KIDS Thu 21-Apr-16 10:40:19

Yes cheaters can be good at fucking with your mind and making you disbelieve the evedence in front of you. Then make you feel little a top twat for accusing them. It hurts and makes you feel like such a stupid dick.

Sorry a bit of personal experience.

Seeyounearertime Thu 21-Apr-16 10:49:37

My exwife was a slimy little fucker.
We used to have lunch hours at the same time, different companies.
Everyday is call her at 1, some days shed answer, some days she wouldn't. When she wouldn't it'd be because her phone was in her drawer, left in the car, she hadn't heard it etc etc.
Turns out that actually on the days she didn't answer she was shagging a colleague.
I tried to forgive, move on, forget etc.
Then there came the day when I popped home from work to get something to find she wasn't there, I called her innocently and asked if she could see the thing I'd forgotten anywhere. She looked in the kitchen drawers, strange as I was in the kitchen, then she went and looked upstairs... Oh really?
Eventually I told her I was at home and I know that she isn't. She went all quiet.

More shite happened and eventually I left her, we'd been married 6 months when I found her first affair, she claimed she was "bored" and that her colleague showed her attention.

Emptynestx2 Thu 21-Apr-16 11:50:34

I want to know why a cheating partner wants to stay and continue lying - if they want to be with someone else why not at least be honest and go?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now