Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Cancelling dates?

(9 Posts)
Teaandcakeat8 Tue 19-Apr-16 07:12:41

I was supposed to meet a guy for a second date this evening, our first went well and he mentioned meeting today before the end of the date.

Last night he sent a long message and some work stuff has come up this evening, tomorrow was out of the question anyway as we were both busy but we have agreed on Thursday.

Do you think this sounds logical or is he just trying to get rid of me? If was he who rearranging. Tempted to give him the benefit of the doubt this time and if the same happens
Thursday I will put it down as a lost cause.

Thoughts anyone?

mithy Tue 19-Apr-16 07:55:08

Yellow card. You're thoughts sound about right.

mithy Tue 19-Apr-16 07:56:04

That would be your

TheoriginalLEM Tue 19-Apr-16 07:59:03

sounds fine tome. its a second date if he wasn't keen why rearrange.

TheNaze73 Tue 19-Apr-16 09:15:13

He's done the right thing in giving you advance warning, he's rearranged the date & sounds like he cares. To give a yellow card for this after One date would be a massive overreaction.

honeybunny14 Tue 19-Apr-16 09:31:13

Nothing to worry about i had to cancel my second date with now dp he thought the worst but I had to work unexpectedly we laugh about it now because he was panicking I wasn't interested hope you enjoy your second date op

Teaandcakeat8 Fri 22-Apr-16 19:17:35

Just an update; he was very apologetic and we had a lovely second date last night ending in several hours kissing in my car which I haven't done since I was much younger! Now agonising over the third date... Do we ever learn smile

TheNaze73 Fri 22-Apr-16 19:38:32

So pleased to hear it Tea Don't agonise, enjoy it. As for the 'car fun' Oi Oi wink

Mousefinkle Sat 23-Apr-16 09:18:32

He wouldn't rearrange if he didn't want to go, what would be the point in that? I got serious cold feet about a planned date last year so I simply cancelled on him. No rearranging, I just told him he wasn't for me and I wasn't in the right zone for dating anyway. End of. If he does cancel on Thursday as well then yes, I'd say he's not interested but as it goes rearranging is a good sign.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now