Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Crossed the line ?! Or harmless

(60 Posts)
Alliaskis Sun 10-Apr-16 19:35:17

My friend has just sent me a message basically saying that whilst her ex was dropping the kids off to her they played a game of hide and seek .... She was hiding in her bed with her daughter under duvet when the ex climbed in beside her, curled up against her and started tickling her so she'd give the hiding place away with her laughs .....

She was a bit aghast I think is he is in a relationship and it was all a bit touchy feely ... What would you think ?! Over the top flirting or just a bit of fun ?!

InaMay Sun 10-Apr-16 19:55:51

I'd think your friend was actually you. Cynical? Moi? That aside (as it's pretty irrelevant), I'd ask your friend what she felt the behaviour was, as without actually being there; knowing more about the situation and their relationship, it's hard to say if it was flirting or a bit of fun.

What do you think, OP?

AutumnRose1988 Sun 10-Apr-16 20:01:39

My gut reaction is that the ex is after whatever he can get, wherever he can get it and he puts his pleasure before confusing his kids and hurting his ex and his current gf. A sleaze bag who isn't worth her time xx

RudeElf Sun 10-Apr-16 20:02:02

I think "your friend" needs to catch a grip of herself and stop playing hide and seek with her ex and letting him into her bed hmm

Alliaskis Sun 10-Apr-16 20:02:39

I'd say on anonymous posting board if it was me surely I would just say.

I was actually undecided but as he had left their marriage a while ago I was unsure what to make of it and whether he was trying his luck.

I wouldn't be happy though if it was my partner laying in bed next to his ex tickling her

Buzzardbird Sun 10-Apr-16 20:03:26

I think 'your friend' already knows the answer.

Alliaskis Sun 10-Apr-16 20:07:12

Placing your friend in inverted commas isn't going to suddenly convince me that I am posting rather stupidly under a guise.

Again both she and I, and other members of the group chat were all a little bemused as to why he had decided to do that.

I also gather she was playing hide and seek with the children and the ex joined in too ... Perfectly normal until the ticking which is what we questioned.

AutumnRose1988 Sun 10-Apr-16 20:08:00

Aww what's with all the "your friend"? Dear me!

He's a chancer and being really unfair to his ex and kids as he is muddying the waters. Your friend also needs to think a bit about how she can show her kids that her and the ex are civil/co-parenting but not too friendly could be giving the poor kids false hope x

RudeElf Sun 10-Apr-16 20:11:18

Why was he even in her room? Why was he under the impression that was ok? Why didnt she jump out of the bed as soon as he got in and kick him in the nads? Your friend clearly hasnt enforced any boundaries. If my ex even came in my house tried to go near my room i'd have him knocked out with whatever heavy object was closest.

Arfarfanarf Sun 10-Apr-16 20:14:19

It does sound a bit over familiar, yes. I hope she told him to stop and called an end to the game.
It sounds like he needs reminding where the boundaries are.

Penguinepenguins Sun 10-Apr-16 20:14:48

All sounds a bit weird to me...

And agree it sounds like he was chancing his arm, but then not sure why she would hide in her bed either..

Buzzardbird Sun 10-Apr-16 20:16:41

Just sounds like he was being over friendly, if she doesn't like it she should tell him. I don't see what the confusion is.

Buzzardbird Sun 10-Apr-16 20:17:57

Have you asked her why she chose to hide in her bed and not somewhere downstairs that might have been more appropriate?

Alliaskis Sun 10-Apr-16 20:29:08

The child had asked to hide there I assume she didn't expect him to come in as there were copious other places for him to hide !!!

The confusion would be what normal person would do that - it's ridiculously flirty !!!

RudeElf Sun 10-Apr-16 20:39:07

So what did she do?

Buzzardbird Sun 10-Apr-16 20:47:10

So, if that's how she feels, she tells him.

Alliaskis Mon 11-Apr-16 18:48:50

She told him to stop And that it was time he went home.

I don't understand why the rude tone some of you took to this anyway.

We had been discussing it in a chat between us girls and we were all of the view that it was very flirty behaviour especially towards an ex. Just wondered if the ladies on here agreed but you all obviously felt that you'd vent your anger onto me.

Believe it or not the world is not black and white. Opinions are needed.

Arfarfanarf Mon 11-Apr-16 18:52:40

all?
That's unfair.

Alliaskis Mon 11-Apr-16 19:43:36

Sorry Arf not all just found a lot of the posts condescending - it is something that you discuss amongst your friends and I found it rather funny he would even try it.

I just find on these sites it's full of self entitled women that think they know the ways of the world and just want to lament on to you their simple minded views.

TheSilveryPussycat Mon 11-Apr-16 20:05:06

If by "funny" you mean "iffy" then I agree.

M00nUnit Mon 11-Apr-16 20:08:56

It's good that she told him to stop and it was time for him to go home. Hopefully he'll realise he was out of line and won't try anything like that again!

RudeElf Mon 11-Apr-16 20:18:17

I'm not really understanding the point of the thread OP. You had all already discussed it as a group and agreed it was too flirty for an ex to do. What more did you need from the thread? confused

Alliaskis Mon 11-Apr-16 20:47:55

To see if others agreed as friends tend to side with each other. Rudelf you were one of the condescending ones I was referring too - without issue in their life but feel the need to talk down to everyone else.

RudeElf Mon 11-Apr-16 20:55:25

"Without issue in their life" confused where have you got that idea?

I talked down to no-one.

I am starting to suspect this thread isnt what it seems and there is some agenda at play.

Alliaskis Mon 11-Apr-16 20:59:43

You've suspected that from the beginning.
And been rude from the beginning.
I would never think to go on someone else thread and firstly question if it's really a "friend".
And you continued to be rude with each response.

Please don't comment again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now