Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Just joined tinder and happn - now Facebook making odd connections

(6 Posts)
CherryPicking Tue 05-Apr-16 10:47:41

Bit weird - just installed both these apps and Facebook has completely revamped it's list of 'people you may know' - including 4 happily married acquaintances - 3 of whom have been in my contacts list & living nearby for years. FB never thought to recommend any of them til now. Please tell me it's just a co-incidence and they're not all cheating or thinking of cheating. Not my business I guess, but it's made me feel a bit cynical.

EthelMercaptan Tue 05-Apr-16 11:17:17

I think you may be jumping to conclusions. Yesterday Facebook suggested as a person I might know the solicitor who dealt with my residence issues with my ex about ten years ago, completely out of the blue. Not sure how it linked us. It wasn't through tinder or anything similar though, since I'm not on them.

CherryPicking Tue 05-Apr-16 12:06:51

Probably jumping to conclusions. Hope so. Just thought it was a weird co-incidence. God Facebook is paranoia inducing. Think I need a break.

Bree85 Tue 05-Apr-16 21:58:54

Maybe they had the account for years or just joined to go with the flow. Hehe.

genuineguy79 Wed 06-Apr-16 12:04:11

I think Tinder pulls some of your details from facebook, photos, location etc doesn't it? Although Tinder doesn't actually post anything to you Facebook timeline.

Have those people suggested as Facebook friends/Happily married appeared on your Tinder app?

scarlets Wed 06-Apr-16 13:46:23

An Irish chap was suggested to me last year. I couldn't place him. Then, I remembered that I'd had an Amazon dispute with him, played out via email, about five years earlier. Facebook is strange.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now