Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

To already think that I'll be forever alone at 17. Depressed?

(3 Posts)
yorkshire90s Mon 04-Apr-16 21:59:49

I'm a 17 year old guy.
As weird as it is that I am posting on this website, I just thought that who is wiser than a bunch of mums haha,

Right now I'm revising for exams. Recently had a bereavement in the family. Then a guy I was dating for a few months dumped me.

I have never ever felt this low. I wake up feeling sick. Lost my appetite. Lost my interest in everything. I'm grouchy.

The fact that this guy dumped me after what I thought was the start of so,ething really special has scared me. It took me six momths to even find some one I'd consider going on a date on. And even then I wasn't good enough.

I have no hope for the future. I just feel like I'm never going to find someone and I'll always be alone.

Arfarfanarf Mon 04-Apr-16 22:02:58

My son is 16 and he feels exactly the same way.

I am not dismissing your feelings at all but you must understand that they are very common. This is a difficult time.

I am confident that you won't be alone forever. 17 is so young to be worrying about this. Please try to find other interests. You have a lifetime for relationships.

I am sorry for your recent loss. If you are feeling very low, perhaps have a chat with your gp.

HypodeemicNerdle Mon 04-Apr-16 23:32:22

What Arf said in spades

I don't want to minimise your feelings, they are real and as suggested, a chat with your GP may well be in order.
So many people go through a similar stage, you've got a lot on your plate right now but it will get better, honestly.

I was a very slow starter boyfriend wise, my first one was when I was 22, I thought the same thing, that I'd never find anyone. I've been married 12 years now, it will happen for you too.

Be kind to yourself

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now