Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Partner is always having a go at me for things that he does himself.

(11 Posts)
brandystrumpet Sat 02-Apr-16 18:34:10

When he does them 'it's different' and it's driving me batshit crazy, confidence very low. That's it for now I'm exhausted.

665TheNeighbourOfTheBeast Sat 02-Apr-16 18:54:17

leave him
then ask how he would have done that?

ApocalypseNowt Sat 02-Apr-16 18:59:32

Reply "Yes, it is different. No-one has a go at you.....that must be nice".

Have you tried to talk to him about it? Not when he's just done it but at a different time? Does he say how it's different?

Have to say though it sounds very draining...I'd be giving him the boot if he carried on.

Homely1 Sat 02-Apr-16 20:39:58

Please leave him..this will only get worse

pallasathena Sun 03-Apr-16 16:16:21

Tell him he's a boring twat and you find his constant fault finding boring, tedious and hugely unattractive. So unattractive in fact that you want to go non-exclusive and have some real life fun with real life men. You know the sort, blokes who know how to treat you like a lady, understand words like 'cherish' and 'laughter'.

Why are you with him?

brandystrumpet Mon 04-Apr-16 15:12:38

I'm with him because he apologises for his behaviour and seems to try and make amends. But I am getting to the stage of wondering how much more upsets I can take. I also wonder how much of me being sensitive is an issue (that's a whole other thread probably) and there are DCs. And I love him.Very much.

SavoyCabbage Mon 04-Apr-16 15:29:46

He's ground you down and eroded your confidence by the sounds of things. It's not ok to be unkind to someone and then apologise.

pocketsaviour Mon 04-Apr-16 15:42:15

What kind of things are we talking about here? Minor issues like who left the light on, or who didn't flush the loo, or are we talking major issues like flirting with other people or undermining each other with the DC?

Arfarfanarf Mon 04-Apr-16 15:44:03

An apology is meaningless if the behaviour is repeated.

hellsbellsmelons Mon 04-Apr-16 16:00:59

Ultimatum time - and mean it!
And follow through when he doesn't follow up his apologies and promises with actions.
You've had enough. It's obvious from your posts.
So stop putting up with it.
Real loss of you is the only way to make this abusive asshole see what he is likely to lose. He won't know that if you don't leave.
He's ground you down. You've lost your confidence and yourself because of him!
Why do you love him? What do you love about him?
Is it what he WAS like that you LOVE the IDEA of???
Because that is NOT your reality right now!

RunRabbitRunRabbit Mon 04-Apr-16 16:47:12

What do you mean by "having a go" at you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now