Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Husband thinks temper tantrums are normal[hmm][sad]

(3 Posts)
EasyToEatTiger Sat 26-Mar-16 19:06:09

Clearly when we saw the psychiatrist, he was listening only to himself. He said he was sorry he called me a cunt and lost his temper. But...But... that he'd said sorry already and it was my fault I hadn't heard. I said I took these things very seriously. I have been in touch with WA and have someone locally to talk to. I said I was fed up with saying something and he responds with Don't (think, say, do). I have had snitches of what it feels like to be frigid and I told him. He asked if it was him and I said yes, it is. I am menopausal, but I never anticipated in a fit that I would dread sex. Perhaps it is because I am menopausal that I would like to feel loved, not that sex is done at me. He left the building, and insists on being right. I said that too, that he is always right, and by definition that makes me always wrong. I also told him that our relationship is heading towards separation and divorce. He has a therapist, but has not talked about his temper. I am rambling. I am not yet in a state to leave and in RL have no family support.

My older dd has been having problems, and I have talked to her a little bit about this. I am certainly not perfect. My original family was crap and I have been bullied by my father to within an inch of my life. That was straightforward hardcore bullying. This is not. My husband compares himself to my father and worships himself.

EasyToEatTiger Sat 26-Mar-16 19:18:27

Thank you all you lovely MN people, because without you I wouldn't have recognised this behaviour as abusive and I wouldn't have called WA and I wouldn't be in a position of leaving at all.

Marchate Sat 26-Mar-16 19:25:38

These 'always right' men are such a drain on your world. I'm sad for your daughter too. My daughter has MH problems. We would never want to make their lives more difficult, would we? But some fathers only seem to consider their own comfort

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now