Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Changed the way we feel

(6 Posts)
Justwhattodo Fri 25-Mar-16 21:14:35

Both me and dh agreed we 'don't feel the way we used to' we both love each other but don't feel how we used to feel about us as a couple. We have great times, rough sex life but get on really well and really love each other. Could this work?

Justwhattodo Fri 25-Mar-16 21:15:12

I didn't mean rough sex I meant our sex life isn't 'amazing' it's ok , good at times.

ppandj Sun 27-Mar-16 15:53:59

I suppose it depends what you both want from life going forward? Is the sex life bothering either/both of you? Is anything else causing a problem? Do you want the same things in the future?
I think anything can work if you make eachother happy and are willing to compromise on things.
Has anything happened to prompt this thread?

gonetoseeamanaboutadog Sun 27-Mar-16 15:56:41

Gosh I think you've done well really. But it's all about your personal expectations and the life you want. No one else can define 'working', or what ingredients a marriage should contain.

AcrossthePond55 Sun 27-Mar-16 16:11:00

How long have you been together?

All relationships 'ebb and flow'.

FanjoBean Sun 27-Mar-16 16:16:13

It depends what you feel should happen now. I think most couples find they don't feel the same after a number of years as they did at the beginning, which is normal, but I think the fact that you've actually acknowledged it indicates that one or both of you feels that it should change things in some way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now