Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Mood changes

(20 Posts)
Shelby08 Mon 21-Mar-16 20:01:58

Does anyone else go through changes of mood towards your OH at different periods of the month?? I seem to go through so many different feelings over the course of the month, sometimes I love my OH to death and want to cuddle up etc then other times I just cant bear to look at him let alone be close to him

Joysmum Mon 21-Mar-16 20:07:00

Hell yes. Mine evened out when I have the Minerva coil fitted. I how don't get the hormonal cycles I used to.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying that's your answer, just sharing mine wink

gamerchick Mon 21-Mar-16 20:08:19

Its hormones. The first day of my period it's all good. Then crescendos gradually of snuggliness until the middle of my cycle where he may as well give me a leg to hump, then tails down gradually until the week before my period where I feel slightly irritated and the alone time I need the day before my period is due.

He's pure mint though and chased me to bingo during the low level growly times grin

Shelby08 Mon 21-Mar-16 20:11:21

I have the mirena coil and to be honest I sometimes wonder if it makes me worse, but then thinking about it ive always been like this for years every month, tried so many different things, nothing seems to make a difference

Joysmum Mon 21-Mar-16 20:25:22

Birth control meds are a minefield it's like HRT in so much as there are many types and it can take a while to discover the best fit for you.

May be worth a trip to the doctors. Many people loathe the mirena smile

Shelby08 Mon 21-Mar-16 20:27:44

I always think that we should split up and I don't love him anymore when I'm at this stage, then it passes, so I get confused as to whats real and whats not, I mean we clash at the best of times lol, but when I'm like this I just want to be on my own and wonder why I'm with him, and then theres the times I love nothing more than cuddling up with him, confused.com

twolinesplease Mon 21-Mar-16 20:50:55

I thought it was only me blushI absolutely love him right up to ovulation than I absolutely loath him and can think of every reason why we should split up sadproper psycho

Joysmum Mon 21-Mar-16 21:55:10

One week a month I was certain DH was looking elsewhere for fun and felt so low in self confidence. It all seems like madness now looking back at it but it felt so real to me at the time. The rest of the time I was happy and felt secure though so a very different situation to yours.

Shelby08 Tue 22-Mar-16 12:23:31

there must be something to cure this happening every month, ive been to my Dr so many times over the years and its always the same, bood tests to check menopause levels or anti depressants!!! today I'm feeling so low again and think whats the point in anything, I know it will probably lift in next couple of days but right now I could just leave, such a sad sorry situation for women to go through every month sad

LookAtMeGo Tue 22-Mar-16 12:31:09

Have you tried vitamin b6?

twickletoes Tue 22-Mar-16 13:23:03

Omg this is me
Was looking at flats the other day

Bree85 Tue 22-Mar-16 15:55:15

This is so cute to read because I can relate. When I think of it, what my OH has to put through with me. smile

Drugsarebad Tue 22-Mar-16 17:03:47

I get this every month. I used to be so unaware that it was anything to do with my cycle. I couldn't let my BF touch me and used to hate even hearing him speak. then all the usual irritability and short temper . . I must have been a joy to live with!

I'm not taking anything (although my mum swears by evening primrose oil), I now just try to recognise when it's happening and keep myself calm. I sometimes allow myself a little bit of time to wallow in it, and imagine leaving, but deep down I know that it's hormones, and I will feel ok after a little while.

I thought I was mental until I spoke to a friend about it, and she said that she hates her bloke for 2 days a month.

gatewalker Tue 22-Mar-16 17:31:46

Me too, and just like the general pattern described.

I think you can either 'hormone' it away; or you can accept it as a natural - perhaps even sometimes helpful - rhythm that certainly makes you aware of your body's natural ebbs and flows.

Striving for 'up' or 'happy' all the time is what's unnatural, imo.

Shelby08 Tue 22-Mar-16 20:03:31

ive tried B6 and primrose but must admit I'm a nightmare for remembering to take tablets, id much rather suffer like some women with just the physical side effects of the cycle which I don't, mines all mental!!! and I literally feel mental, I could physically hurt him, I'm insecure, emotional, moody, off sex and just want a divorce

Shelby08 Tue 22-Mar-16 20:34:44

joysmum when you say you used to feel like this whats changed??

Pippin8 Tue 22-Mar-16 21:08:46

I'm the same, I've planned my exit route many times. In the end I went to the docs convinced I was peri menopausal. Dr said no, it's severe pmt. So, I have gone on the pill 10 years after DH's vasectomy, just to sort my moods out. Dr said if no improvement then I should consider fluoxetine. Has anyone had any success with evening primrose & b6? I'd rather not go down the anti d route.

LookAtMeGo Tue 22-Mar-16 22:09:27

Ive had success with 100mg b6. It takes a couple of months to kick in

Joysmum Tue 22-Mar-16 22:11:30

The coil changed me. It was just finding the right hormones.

Shelby08 Wed 23-Mar-16 20:48:46

ive done the anti-D's including fluoxetine, although they help you feel good throughout the month they are not strong enough at the most crucial time of the month. Think I might try B6 again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now