Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

If you thought they might of cheated

(9 Posts)
Marylou82 Fri 18-Mar-16 12:22:56

I believe In the past dh might of cheated (was messaging someone, late in, satnav etc) he said he wasn't, but he's now saying if I don't believe him he's leaving as I will end up cheating on him? Eh!? I'm confused as to where he's got this from!

BolshierAryaStark Fri 18-Mar-16 12:43:09

Maybe he's projecting?
If you honestly think he cheated why are you with him? You clearly don't trust him & for me trust is the foundation of a relationship, without it you're fucked.

AliceInUnderpants Fri 18-Mar-16 12:44:16

What's the sat nav thing?

Buzzardbird Fri 18-Mar-16 12:45:39

If you believe (in the past) your DH might have cheated what happened to make him stop? Are you sure he is not still doing it?

To be honest, if he leaves you, I think he might do you a favour.

Marylou82 Fri 18-Mar-16 15:19:02

I think it might of been a one off or he may not have I may just be paranoid. It was where he was working. He doesn't work there anymore. I saw he had satnav on phone when he came in. I just don't get why he said that I would cheat it seems bizarre to me

Buzzardbird Fri 18-Mar-16 15:27:22

Because he is trying to get you to shut up about it. He is saying that you will cheat 'to get your own back' on him.

Really, only he can answer your fears, it's whether you believe him or not really isn't it?

Bree85 Fri 18-Mar-16 16:57:16

Maybe you need to talk about that subject seriously. To make things clear.

david8341 Fri 18-Mar-16 17:11:29

If my partner was accusing me of cheating, and not letting it go, then I would definitely consider leaving. If there's no trust...

Possibly he thinks if you think he's cheated then it gives you justification for cheating..but I think that's a bit weird. BolshierAryaStark suggested he's projecting, possibly he think's you're projecting.

Marylou82 Fri 18-Mar-16 20:39:03

Dunno what projecting is tbh. He has given good reason for me to consider he may have cheated in the past. I just find it really bizarre he is so offended by it when really it looks pretty obvious to any normal person??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now