Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Advice should I make contact with sons father please help!

(1 Post)
Lozzza2409 Tue 15-Mar-16 17:58:55

Hello, I have a little boy who is 2. I am needing some advice, his father has never seen him or financially supported him, I haven't had any contact with his father for 2 years he has never bothered to contact myself or my family to try get contact. I have recently gone to CSA (CMS now) as I am struggling on my own. My question is should I make contact with his father to see if he wants a relationship with his son or should it be him making the effort to contact myself over him ? It's taken me so long as I've needed to rebuild my confidence and feel confident now to see him. He also has 4 other children my sons half brothers and sisters. He left me in a lot of debt and I lent him a lot of money which was never repaid. Should it be me making the effort or should it be him?! Please help! I just want the best for my son. I don't want to be let down and I'm not sure how he'll react when I see him. Help please

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now