Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I'm ready... what next?!

(4 Posts)
OohMrDarcy Tue 15-Mar-16 14:14:30

Its been 18 months since I ended my marriage with my now EXH. and nearly 6 months since the divorce was completed.

I've found myself in that time, I've done a lot of work on my self esteem, and as a result have successfully lost nearly 3.5 stone so far. I feel at a point in my life where I'm ready for a relationship again - but how do I go about finding a new man?!

God that sounds ridiculous, but with EXH he was a friend from a hobby, and I was about 17 when we met so I just don't know! I also don't come across many new people day to day. I do the school run - where 80% of the parents are married (and of those that aren't it includes my ExH and ExFriend who are now living together - oh yes). I work from home most days, and don't see anyone unless I go to head office - which is 65 miles away.

I've made some new single parent friends, but they are all women and I don't manage to see them often either.

I registered on tinder, which has been hilarious so far but nothing doing.... any tips / ideas/ anything would be appreciated!

hellsbellsmelons Tue 15-Mar-16 16:01:58

Meetup.com Have a look in your area at a hobby that you are interested in. Then go along and take it from there. There are walking clubs usually on there as well.
Or join a local club.

OohMrDarcy Tue 15-Mar-16 16:39:11

I'm on there - thats where I met the single parent friends. I've joined a couple of other groups but their meetups are never when I can attend (basically every other weekend only)

stumblymonkey Tue 15-Mar-16 16:43:33

I had a dating coach (yes...such things exist) and she advised:

- Consider who you want to meet....what sort of guy are you looking for?

- What kind of things/activities does this kind of guy do? Where would they be in the evening? What would they do with their weekend? What kind of events would they attend?

- Figure out this and then go to those places and be willing to start a conversation (not a chat up, just a conversation)

- I also suggest Match.com, you can try it for a month and see what you think

- I'd also ask around friends as to whether they have any friends or their DP/DH have any friends they think would be a good match

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now