Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I just dont get it

(11 Posts)
PrincessBooBoo Mon 14-Mar-16 22:07:52

I would love to have a partner, but there are no decent men my age (50) about. My libido is at an all time low - I want to be with someone, but in reality I think I just need a friend who I can go places or just watch tv with, preferably male. I get lonely at the weekend when the kids are with their partners and all my female mates are with their families. Is it just me or are there others out there with this problem. If so how did they overcome it?

mum2mum99 Mon 14-Mar-16 22:13:39

have you got hobbies? Check out the meet ups and target them to 50 something if possible. Divorces or single events. Online dating? Have fun and someone might come along.

PrincessBooBoo Mon 14-Mar-16 22:16:26

Done Meet up, sick of trying to make small talk all the time because there are no regulars. Online dating - been there I'm afraid and done it to death. Ive been trying to 'have fun' it just doesn't work for me. Sorry, just on a downer as spent all weekend on my own again

mum2mum99 Mon 14-Mar-16 22:19:46

Do things you love and that makes you feel good just for yourself. Life is too short to wait.

HeddaGarbled Mon 14-Mar-16 22:35:03

If you don't want to have sex with them, why do you want your "friend" to be male? Wouldn't other single women serve your purpose? Or married women who are happy to meet up at weekends?

I can't imagine that there are many men who would be interested in becoming the "partner" of a woman who doesn't want to have sex with them.

I am sure that there are decent men of 50 about but I doubt watching TV would be the highlight of their weekends.

haveacupoftea Mon 14-Mar-16 22:40:09

There's a man in his 50s another poster is talking about in a different thread who doesn't want any sex! So they do exist.

haveacupoftea Mon 14-Mar-16 22:41:08

Sorry I meant to add, have you had your hormone levels checked to see why your libido is low?

TheNaze73 Tue 15-Mar-16 08:44:56

Sadly, I think what you are looking for is in a very narrow envelope I think. Not all but, a lot of divorced/separated guys, tend to go for younger women (no idea why personally) but, to find a guy but, just as a friend & to have no sexual contact seems like quite a specific ask

springydaffs Tue 15-Mar-16 08:53:17

Aim for and build friendships with people/women who are single. Then you've stuff to do at the weekend. Mad to have all your friends in relationships - no wonder you feel lonely and out of it! Walking groups are a good way to meet the same people regularly eg.

PrincessBooBoo Wed 16-Mar-16 22:34:02

Thanks for your thoughts. Yes ,maybe women Frinda are the way to go

LovelyFriend Thu 17-Mar-16 00:57:20

What about volunteering? I've been involved with a local cause lately and it really has give me a fab non work/kids focus.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now