Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

finally realised hes a bully

(8 Posts)
needtogivemyheadawobble Sun 13-Mar-16 08:37:39

So..finally realised what a controlling horrible bully he is to me and our ds..he threatened to smash house up coz his juice carton had been drunk, wanted me to pack ds stuff and basically throw him out (ds is 12), my heart breaks that all my son wants is his dad to love him

MassiveStrumpet Sun 13-Mar-16 08:45:45

That sounds like an awful way to live.

What are you going to do?

needtogivemyheadawobble Sun 13-Mar-16 08:48:00

Ive told him to leave but he said he pays the rent i should go...the tenacy is in my name and yes he pays the rent but i oay everything else...it would b so much easier if he went

MassiveStrumpet Sun 13-Mar-16 08:48:57

Are you married?

Can you pay the rent without him?

needtogivemyheadawobble Sun 13-Mar-16 08:53:28

No we are not married...yes i could pay the rent without him...i cant believe i let it go on so long its taken me 3 years to finally realise..

cozietoesie Sun 13-Mar-16 08:53:54

Poor son as well as you.

Would you be able to phone Women's Aid to tell them about your situation and seek their advice? They have a 24 hour free helpline if I recall.

pallasathena Sun 13-Mar-16 09:11:37

Threatening behaviour is against the law as is abusing a child. Have a chat with the police and get yourself a restraining order. He shouldn't be anywhere near a child and its your job to protect the poor boy. You could start by telling your partner that as its your name on the rent book, you have possession, he doesn't. Don't explain anything and don't accept any excuses or justifications. You've landed yourself with a real plonker haven't you? Time to get rid.

Joysmum Sun 13-Mar-16 09:27:35

If his name isn't on the tenancy and you aren't married he has no rights to the house.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now