Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

dreading the day

(25 Posts)
sammyjayneex Sat 12-Mar-16 13:41:29

So husband bought some parts to fix daughters iPad screen that she cracked. Anyway as he was trying to do the repair he broke the part and obviously was annoyed. He's now told me he will be in a bad mood all day and the day is ruined. I just know he's gonna take it out on me all day and make my day hell. He's already insulted me and refused to help with anything. I'm absolutely dreading the day now :-(
He's gonna make it so hard coz he broke one thing and he will make my day awful
He's already insulted me by saying I'm not a 'proper woman'
He's already started with the little things making cups of tea for himself and not offering me. Asking me to do things that he is quite capable of doing himself or helping with.
I will have to walk on egg shells all day and can't say nothing to him incase it upsets him. Really not fair

DelphiniumBlue Sat 12-Mar-16 13:46:09

He sounds horrible, is this a regular thing?
At the very least, I'd take myself off out for the rest of the day and leave him to sulk without an audience.

pinkyredrose Sat 12-Mar-16 13:48:38

This isn't the way a marriage is meant to be is it. How often does he do this?

Pinkheart5915 Sat 12-Mar-16 13:49:01

He doesn't sound very nice. Why is he taking his mood out on you?
Everybody breaks things it's life but an adult shouldn't be sucking all day like a child

Pinkheart5915 Sat 12-Mar-16 13:49:50

Is he this way regularly? I'm married and my marriage isn't like this no marriage should be

Dellarobia Sat 12-Mar-16 13:50:42

This sounds horrid. The fact that he told you he's going to be in a bad mood all day makes it seem intentional. Can you go out and leave him to it?

Mrskeats Sat 12-Mar-16 13:51:08

And why exactly are you putting up with this?
I hope hes not saying horrible things to you around your kids
And hes not a proper man treating a partner like that

PatriciaHolm Sat 12-Mar-16 13:52:08

You've posted about him before, haven't you, and he doesn't get any better, does he?

Marchate Sat 12-Mar-16 13:59:08

So he 'plans' his bad moods (and thereby, your bad days)?

Very nasty and controlling

lookingforafriend Sat 12-Mar-16 14:03:30

He obviously has anger management problems.......and with a child or children in the home.....will or is his angered also be toward the children aswell? There are many things to think of here...the first and most important being your safety and also that of the children..nothing is worth living this way....either stand up to this BULLY....because that is what he is or leave.....is there somewhere you are able to stay, perhaps family? You cannot go on living this way......be careful and take care X

Costacoffeeplease Sat 12-Mar-16 14:11:21

Same shit different day isn't it? You've posted a lot of threads about him and nothing ever changes - only you can make that happen

goddessofsmallthings Sat 12-Mar-16 14:42:06

He's now told me he will be in a bad mood all day and the day is ruined

His day may be ruined but there's no reason why yours should be, or for you to take any stick because he's in a bad mood and if you don't demonstrate by word and deed that you're not going to put up with his shitty behaviour nothing will change.

Get yourself and dc ready to go out and as you leave tell him to grow the fuck up before you get back or you'll be consulting a solicitor with a view to divorcing his bad tempered and controlling arse.

The more you pander to him by dancing on eggshells, the more he'll do it. Have a great day out and don't rush back - make sure the dc are fed and watered and ready for bed when you get home and don't respond to any calls or texts from him unless they are in the form of an abject apology.

sammyjayneex Sat 12-Mar-16 15:46:29

Yes same shit different day

He takes his bad moods out on me all the time

I can expect the silent treatment and little dogs all day long now

Unfortunately I can't go out because my two oldest are at a birthday party across the road so can't really go out. Need to be around for them and I don't trust him to be responsible today.

I understand people get frustrated but why do I have to bear the brunt of it?

sammyjayneex Sat 12-Mar-16 15:46:52

Digs not dogs

sammyjayneex Sat 12-Mar-16 15:55:26

The worst thing is he will literally refuse to help with the kids or do anything tonight. This was supposed to be my break from the kids today as well. He had his break when he went to the gym twice this week. Just seems so unfair il have a difficult day! I don't understand why I get punished though??? It's not as if I broke it or caused him to break it so why am I punished I don't get it!!

Anniegetyourgun Sat 12-Mar-16 15:59:29

I suppose it would be a little too paranoid to suspect he manufactured a reason to get huffy just so he wouldn't have to take his turn looking after his own children, but it's probably fair enough to suspect he seized on a handy excuse hmm (My dad used to do stuff like that.)

Chottie Sat 12-Mar-16 16:01:32

It sounds to me as if he will be using this as an excuse not give you your break today......

He sounds pathetic and immature.

MadeMan Sat 12-Mar-16 16:03:12

Can you join your kids at the birthday party over the road? Let him sulk while you play pass-the-parcel or whatever.

TwoTwentyGowerRoad Sat 12-Mar-16 16:07:35

Stop trying to work out why he does it. It's because he's a twat. LTB, he's not going to change.

pinkyredrose Sat 12-Mar-16 16:10:55

He isn't going to change is he. So if you want things to be different then you have to change. What do.you want your life to be like?

mix56 Sat 12-Mar-16 16:14:02

Oh really ? tell him to fuck the fuck off.

PennyDropt Sat 12-Mar-16 16:19:36

passive aggressive twat.

You know what to do buy an ipod with earphones so you can ignore him entirely all day every day - LTB

RudyMentary Sat 12-Mar-16 16:22:01

Is he aged 10?

PatriciaHolm Sat 12-Mar-16 17:59:58

So why do you put up with it?

Canyouforgiveher Sat 12-Mar-16 18:10:30

Since you aren't likely to leave him why don't you just turn around to him and tell him "well you've just put ME in a bad mood, the day is ruined" and then make his life miserable for the day. I'd do that rather than lie down like a fool and let someone else take his bad mood out on me and ruin my day.

He is doing this to you because he doesn't like or respect you (although in fairness to you he is probably one of those people who think the definition of an intimate relationship is one in which you don't have to be nice to the other person the way you do to strangers and work colleagues, the demanding bastards, so it is hardly even personal).

A different day doesn't have to mean the same shit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now