Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

My boyfriend called me a sl*t

(56 Posts)
Tryagain92 Thu 10-Mar-16 22:26:48

He's always drinking but for some reason he talks crap when he does. Anyway we got into a disagreement about him finding work and he said I am not responsible enough to look after myself and I said is that an excuse not to work and i don't mean it in a terrible way just trying to say i am an adilt and csn look after myself. Now he keeps going on about how much he does for me, how I treat him like sh*t and then he kept saying I am always acting and sounding sl*tty and that i am a dirty sl*t which is not true because I've gone off sex anyway!! then he brought up termination i had a few years ago which absolutely hurts as that was the hardest decision ive ever had to make .

I am now pregnant in early trimester and he said that the baby is going to be deformed because i don't eat properly and i don't look after myself and I've ruined his life! I do eat and drink plenty of fluids, but symptoms make me feel very sick and tired and i take my folic acid and vit d! I have never cheated on him so no idea why he called me them horrible names like i am guilty of it.. I don't know what to do i feel really down and i have to face work tomorrow :'( we been together four years and this isn't the first time. He's done this to Me a few times now. Im pregnant. Emotional. and i really didnt expect this to happen. :'(

RealityCheque Thu 10-Mar-16 22:31:04

He sounds -a right cunt- classy.

Wolfiefan Thu 10-Mar-16 22:32:05

He's always drinking?
Leave.

BitterAndOnlySlightlyTwisted Thu 10-Mar-16 23:17:47

If he's objectionable now, he'll be a hundred times worse once your baby is born. When he thinks he's really got you trapped.

Mag314s Thu 10-Mar-16 23:20:13

Call him your x boyfriend.

What a horrible horrible man.

I agree, they get worse after a baby is born. I left an abusive man.

Mag314s Thu 10-Mar-16 23:23:56

So basically, You work - he doesn't
you're sick - he drinks
and, he drinks, but you're not responsible?
you're in need of emotional support - he's verbally abusive and puts you down

you feel bad for having gone off sex

nobody in their right mind would want to sleep with that guy

AskBasil Thu 10-Mar-16 23:26:59

Please dump this abusive man and call Women's Aid so that you can learn to recognise the signs of an abuser and find out why you even accept such shitty behaviour from a man in your life.

0808 2000 247

Vixxfacee Thu 10-Mar-16 23:28:06

Get rid. I feel sorry for this baby.

IHaveBrilloHair Thu 10-Mar-16 23:29:39

Leave him immediately

hownottofuckup Thu 10-Mar-16 23:32:02

You deserve better

LeaLeander Thu 10-Mar-16 23:33:04

I agree vixxfacee

Pinkheart5915 Thu 10-Mar-16 23:37:56

Walk away, you and your baby deserve better

TinklyLittleLaugh Thu 10-Mar-16 23:38:06

Really not surprised you've gone off sex. Who wants sex with someone who's nasty to them?

chipmonkey Fri 11-Mar-16 01:15:38

Abusive men often show their true colours when their partner is pregnant. He thinks he has you trapped. Walk away. You and your baby deserve better.

Monty27 Fri 11-Mar-16 01:23:54

He's abusive. And a total prick to boot. Why is he in your life? Run for the hills for your sake and your child's sake.

Fontella Fri 11-Mar-16 01:30:19

So he's a lazy, work shy, foul mouthed, abusive pisshead .... And you are choosing to be with him voluntarily. So what exactly are you expecting from anyone here, other than to tell you to get the fuck away from him as fast and as far as you can?

MissBeaHaving Fri 11-Mar-16 02:30:22

Op this sounds awful,can you go & stay with a friend or family member for a while ?

It's time to think of you & your baby,your partner sounds like an abusive prick.
You are not a slut & don't deserve to be treated like this ,he is a pissed up pathetic excuse for a man.thanks

Muldjewangk Fri 11-Mar-16 03:10:08

Any man who calls any woman a slut is in my opinion not worth giving a second of your time to. Any woman who raises a son who calls women sluts is an idiot. Its the one word I cant stand, it makes my stomach churn. It is not okay for your tosser of a boyfriend to call you a slut.

Think of getting rid of him, he is a dope. Dont waste your time on this lowlife.

mathanxiety Fri 11-Mar-16 03:25:49

Leave.

Do not keep on trying to make something out of this. It won't happen.

Get out and don't look back.

He called you all those horrible names because he hates himself and no amount of sticking by him will change that. This is all about his relationship with himself. It is, weirdly, nothing at all to do with you.

The more you go on being you, drawing breath, under the same roof, the more he will want to damage you by lashing out at you. There is nothing you can do or say that will stop this. Your baby will not bring him to his senses either. He will do the exact same thing to the next unfortunate women he latches on to as well, just because she is there. The 'exact same thing' is emotional abuse.

You did not cause this, you can't control it, and you can't make it stop.

Out2pasture Fri 11-Mar-16 03:33:52

time to walk away. no one needs this, not you not your little one.

Atenco Fri 11-Mar-16 04:05:09

I HATE people that use the word SLUT

Besides this charming man is a drunkard. OP, you can do much better for yourself and your child.

Bupbupbup Fri 11-Mar-16 04:13:57

He didn't say of these things because of anything you've done.

Stop wondering why he would because there's no answer other than he's a bully.

He doesn't want to work and is punishing you for daring to ask him.

He's making sure you'll be afraid to ask him again for fear of the same reaction.

Detach and look at his behaviour through another's eyes, work shy drunk calling his pregnant girlfriend horrible names? I'm sorry OP that you have to go through this but please leave now before you feel more trapped, walking around on eggshells trying to avoid his rage with a baby

MadamDeathstare Fri 11-Mar-16 04:14:19

'He's always drinking and for some reason he talks crap when he does' that would be because alcohol reduces people's inhibitions letting their true character reveal itself. His true character is that of a person who calls his girlfriend foul names when she irritates him.

Eventually he will start treating you like this when he isn't drunk too.

LifeofI Fri 11-Mar-16 04:38:06

Hes an abuser please leave him

ctjoy103 Fri 11-Mar-16 05:04:13

Why are you even with him?? You know he's nasty, you need to leave him. You deserve better,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now