Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

ridiculously still upset over this! When will it stop?

(1 Post)
Jollyphonics Wed 09-Mar-16 19:04:20

I've posted about this before, so sorry to be boring.

I met a man through a club my kids belong to. We started texting about 3 months ago, this developed into flirting, lots of daily texts, a couple of dates, then we had sex. All great. But he went cold the next day and just sent a couple of polite texts over the next few days. I subsequently found out he was married. I've seen him twice since at the club, and it's all been civil obviously. I haven't said anything as I don't want to cause problems for my kids, and there's not much to say really is there.

Anyway, it's been nearly 2 weeks now and I'm still pathetically upset about it. I can't stop thinking about him, and how he lied to me, and how stupid I was, but how believable he was. I hadn't dated for years and this man came out of the blue, bowled me over, made me smile and feel attractive again, and now it's all been taken away. I feel so low about it.

I keep waiting for this sadness to lift, but it won't, and if anything it's getting worse.

Can anyone share experiences about how long it took to get over it? I know we're all different but it would bring me comfort to know what time-frame others have had to deal with. I've even considered on-line dating to try and take my mind off it, but that's just depressing me because I'm not ready to think about someone else.

I know this is me me me, and I do feel guilty about his wife too, but I genuinely didn't know about her.

Please tell me this will pass soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now