Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Husband has gone AWOL

(61 Posts)
chelle792 Sun 06-Mar-16 13:28:16

It's mother's day, my due date was supposed to be in two weeks and one day's time (mc at 11.5 weeks). Husband went out at 9.50 to pick up materials for work "for half an hour" with the dog.

He's not back yet.

I don't even think I'm worried - where the fuck is he?

Ginmakesitallok Sun 06-Mar-16 13:29:39

I assume he doesn't have his phone?

MoominPie22 Sun 06-Mar-16 13:31:44

Strange post....hmm And what exactly would you like us to do on here? Post our guesses as to his potential whereabouts? confused

pocketsaviour Sun 06-Mar-16 13:36:52

If you're not worried then what's the problem? Were you planning to go out? Do you have other DC?

I doubt he will have attached any significance to it being mothers day. It took me a while to work out why you'd even mentioned it. Unless you have discussed it with him?

Bluecarrot Sun 06-Mar-16 13:37:10

I'm really sorry he's not there to support you... Or so that you can support eachother. This must be a very difficult day for you both.
What things bring you comfort? A chick flick? Meeting a friend? A long walk? I think you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you are waiting for him to make you feel better. Empower yourself and do what's right for you right now.

I'm really, really sorry xx

VinceNoirLovesHowardMoon Sun 06-Mar-16 13:39:20

Moomin hmm
Op are you ok? Is he always like this?

BirthdayBetty Sun 06-Mar-16 13:40:22

Pub?

Marchate Sun 06-Mar-16 13:40:51

Hope the dog's okay!!

CrazyMary Sun 06-Mar-16 13:41:59

It's Mother's Day, could he be visiting his Mum or organising a surprise?

puckingfixies Sun 06-Mar-16 13:45:36

So sorry for your loss op flowers. Hope your DH is ok.

Redroses11 Sun 06-Mar-16 13:48:01

That's tough and lonely. Hope he comes back soon.

ILikeUranus Sun 06-Mar-16 13:53:09

I agree with Marchate and CrazyMary. Sorry you're having a crap day OP, and your dh has buggered off randomly for half the day. I'd be sad and pissed off too mostly because he didn't leave the dog with me.

chelle792 Sun 06-Mar-16 13:53:39

Thanks moomin for showing such compassion in the face of what is pretty obviously an outpouring of greif

OurBlanche Sun 06-Mar-16 14:03:50

Woah, chelle!

You might want to save that for him. Your Op wasn't all that clear... you said you weren't worried, you 'sounded' annoyed. If you want more sympathy here, and you will get it as, now, on 2nd/3rd reading, it is obvious that the bit in brackets is what is upsetting you and he has just buggered off.

flowers and my sympathy for your loss.

ImperialBlether Sun 06-Mar-16 14:04:43

What happens when you phone him, chelle?

chelle792 Sun 06-Mar-16 14:09:40

I was doing ok until a very lovely person sent me a facebook message sending me love and hoping I was ok. Cue the falling to pieces.

I can't be annoyed at my husband it's not his fault I lost our baby. He doesn't even have his mobile with him.

He is unlikely to be with his Mum as they are JW's and don't celebrate Mother's Day

Point taken blanche, sorry moomin didn't mean to be a bitch

BolshierAryaStark Sun 06-Mar-16 14:09:54

It's unlikely he's even realised the significance of today for you.
Sorry it's so shit.
I presume you have tried to ring him?

BolshierAryaStark Sun 06-Mar-16 14:11:15

X post.
He's probably at the pub, or maybe took the dog for a good wander.

OurBlanche Sun 06-Mar-16 14:12:32

Ah! The joys of facebook smile

Does he often go out for long walks? Is it part of his usual weekend routine?

Maybe you need to try and have a bit of a cry on him, when he comes home. Explain why you are feeling a bit fragile. If he is usually a good man he will probably be mortified!

MrsSteptoe Sun 06-Mar-16 14:14:12

You poor thing. It's a really ghastly day for you. Do you think he's running away from your grief? Or do you think he hasn't really twigged and he's just sort of got caught up in the pub?

CamboricumMinor Sun 06-Mar-16 14:16:42

flowers stdavids for you OP

chelle792 Sun 06-Mar-16 14:18:29

I don't mind facebook too much, I tend to stay out of the drama. This person is so lovely and has been a great support. She got pregnant only a couple of weeks after my mmc so our babies would have only been about 8 weeks apart. Two babies in the family would have been lovely.

Husband doesn't really have a routine. I'm sure he'll be back soon.

I've cried so much this past few days - I thought I'd have no more tears.

It's thrown a grenade into our relationship and I don't know how to recover

chelle792 Sun 06-Mar-16 14:19:09

He wont' be in the pub. He'll be "pottering" - goodness knows where

hownottofuckup Sun 06-Mar-16 14:20:00

You weren't being a bitch OP. Your post wasn't cryptic in the slightest, I'm not surprised you're upset. flowers

hmcAsWas Sun 06-Mar-16 14:20:24

I read your OP and focussed on your dh being AWOL and didn't notice the bit about mc. Re-read, and there it is. So sorry for your loss - Mothering Sunday can be a very painful reminder flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now