Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

You're all going to say I told you so...

(16 Posts)
WatchingWaiting4 Sun 06-Mar-16 01:07:38

Just found he's got a live profile on plenty of fish. Confronted him and he says it's not how it seems! He reckons he put it on there to make him feel better about himself, amazing!!!!

TheBouquets Sun 06-Mar-16 01:23:04

Sorry to hear about this

stargirl04 Sun 06-Mar-16 01:24:52

Don't buy his excuses OP. I caught my ex out in exactly this way. I even set up a fake profile as bait, and he bit. His excuses were pathetic and laughable.

Sorry you're going through this. You'll never believe another word he says.

possum18 Sun 06-Mar-16 01:38:15

So sorry you're going through this but glad your seeing through his BS! I'm not for one minute suggesting you don't make him feel good about himself (this is clearly a shite excuse), but if he is in a relationship where he is not made to feel good, to the extent he needs the attention of others - he shouldn't be with you! He should leave, not dick about.

I hope you find someone who gives you the relationship you deserve and you both make each other feel like the bees knees grinthanks

MrsChanningTatum Sun 06-Mar-16 02:03:05

Oh my goodness, so sorry you are going through this. Are you going to tell him to leave so that you can have some head space so you can think straight? I don't think he should be able to stay in the home when he has violated your trust, betrayed you and been so deceitful. If he leaves you can make arrangements to meet up in a week or so to discuss what the future holds for your relationship over the next weeks, months.

It may just be he wants an ego boost, to feel flattered.

He needs to know that his behaviour is very wrong and that you won't be standing for it.

Do keep us posted. You must be so shocked, numb with shock even. Look after yourself. Drink plenty of fluids & try to eat little & often. Is there anyone you can confide in IRL?? A trusted friend and family.

WatchingWaiting4 Sun 06-Mar-16 15:34:13

He said it's not how it seemed. I said he'd essentially cheated and we're finished.

Oasis888 Sun 06-Mar-16 20:28:34

Sorry if I've missed something. How did you find out he had a profile?

WatchingWaiting4 Sun 06-Mar-16 21:01:07

I have another post on here for background info www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/2395917-His-divorce?msgid=59508095#59508095

I'm not friends with him on Facebook but I searched for him a few days ago on facebook and noticed he'd uploaded some posing selfie pics which I could view. I just had this inkling last night that something wasn't right with the style of photos and searched plenty of fish which you can do without signing up and he had a full live profile with the exact pics saying he was looking for a relationship. We met on there 2.5 years ago.

Anotherwriter Mon 07-Mar-16 11:37:59

Oh God,

Here we go again.

Here comes the next chapter.

AnyFucker Mon 07-Mar-16 11:42:09

aren't you pregnant yet ?

AnyFucker Mon 07-Mar-16 11:45:04

I reckon twins could run in your family, op

firesidechat Mon 07-Mar-16 12:32:43

Oh blimey, it's that one.

Whisky2014 Mon 07-Mar-16 12:34:31

I lolled at "aren't you pregnant yet ?" haha!

firesidechat Mon 07-Mar-16 12:39:33

There is this op and at least 2 others that do the same thing - post about obviously doomed relationships, never take advice ever, disappear, name change (don't know if this is true in this case) and come back in a couple of weeks time with the same old thing.

I do wonder sometimes if it's the same person, but probably not.

Quityabitchen Mon 07-Mar-16 12:40:34

This is the same fella who refuses to divorce his wife, despite you stumping up the money to fund it?

<shakes head sadly>

wannaBe Mon 07-Mar-16 12:41:55

grin at "do keep us posted." I'm presuming that was sarcasm? At least I bloody hope it was.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now