Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

feeling lost

(3 Posts)
Kellou2 Sat 05-Mar-16 11:11:25

Me and my husband have been together for 10 years married for 5 and bow we have a 2 1/2 year old and 18 month old. Both have servere food allergies and don't eat as they don't have any safe foods atm. One is tube fed. I'm not going to lie it's been hard going with lots of hospital stays ect.
I don't feel in love anymore,we constantly argue about everything, there is no intimacy and I'm unhappy.
I've just returned back to work after a long time off, only part time though. We own our own home (with mortgage).
I feel almost trapped though. I hate the idea of splitting the family up but I'm not happy at all.
I don't even know where I would start if I was to leave him. I'm terrified at the thought of being in my own too. I don't know what to do :-( x

category12 Sat 05-Mar-16 11:57:41

You're having such a hard time and so much going on with two very small dc and their allergies. Are you getting any support for yourself? It's not surprising your relationship has suffered through this, it's exhausting enough with two small ones, without the complications. Maybe it's worth going to relationship counselling and talking through how you're feeling? It may be there is something to salvage here and if not, counselling could perhaps steer you through separation.

Joysmum Sat 05-Mar-16 12:32:40

Do you feel trapped with your husband, or trapped in to dealing with the allergies?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now