Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

boundaries

(2 Posts)
spudlike1 Sat 05-Mar-16 07:29:01

That's it really I have very poor boundaries and have done all my life , has anyone got suggestions on how to improve this , strategies or books you have read , shared experiences or anything else. Thanks

Moonchild74 Sat 05-Mar-16 09:19:06

Having poor boundaries stems from a lack of self esteem and not taking time to get to know yourself and what you stand for. Maybe you have put up with a lot of bs in relationships cause you continued to justify their behavior. Been there, done that. Then ended up with someone who was JUST better than the rest, but still not meeting my ideals. If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything. You have principals and know your strong points. Be ever mindful of that and let it set a guideline of your own boundaries, what you will or will not accept. Work on knowing yourself and asserting those principals and letting the right ones in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now