Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Internet dating when faaattttt

(10 Posts)
DoMeDon Fri 04-Mar-16 12:23:58

I'm about ready to meet someone new but am scared of net dating. I'm also very tall and very (size 22/24) overweight. I'm not dieting as I'm ok with my size, I eat reasonably healthily and excercise a bit (obvs I eat too much and don't excercise enough to be slim). BUT (big butt grin) I'm not sure how that will go down on net. I was a couple stone lighter when I met xdh.

PurpleDaisies Fri 04-Mar-16 12:28:03

Have you got a picture on your profile? If you're happy the way you are and aren't going to change at least anyone who isn't keen won't bother replying. We a have different tastes in appearance-I'm sure there's someone out there for you. Good luck.

Branleuse Fri 04-Mar-16 12:31:07

Just make sure your picture or your profile isnt trying to hide the fact that youre big, and it shouldnt be any problem at all, it will weed out the people that arent interested in bg women. Be proud of yourself and confident x

MooseAndSquirrel Fri 04-Mar-16 12:35:25

I'm a size 20 (not happy with it but also cant find the will power either lol)
I've recent pics on my profile and tbh ive not noticed any difference than when I did online dating about 4yrs ago (was 3st lighter then!)
I'm sure some dates may of thought "dam didn't realise she was so fat" but then some have prob been put off by my personality too grin I don't let it get to me as I've not found a lot of my dates not to my taste (I'm still the one normally saying thanks but no thanks --because I'm picky and holding out for Colin firth--)
just take old with a pinch of salt, and have fun with it grin

MooseAndSquirrel Fri 04-Mar-16 12:36:25

Strike through fail!!

VenusInFauxFurs Fri 04-Mar-16 13:13:12

I'm fat and it hasn't been an issue for me either. I think it's only an issue if you're not honest about it on your profile/pics. Like when people pretend to be younger than they are. Its the lying that pisses people off.

One thing that I find annoying are the euphemistic terms you are given for 'fat' when setting up your profile. OkCupid gives you the choice of "curvy" and "full-figured" and it wasn't clear which one was bigger. I figured "full-figured" was probably the bigger of the two and went for that.

DoMeDon Fri 04-Mar-16 13:29:04

Thanks- that's all really helpful and good to hear smileflowers

DoMeDon Fri 04-Mar-16 13:33:39

While I'm here any recommendations for better sites for older/fatter single mums?

OurBlanche Fri 04-Mar-16 14:17:07

DSis has no issues. She has a picture that she looks good in, fat and happy. She has had her fair share of interested responses.

DoMeDon Fri 04-Mar-16 16:00:39

I will attempt a profile pic that shows my true fatness and a smile, I'm used to trying to look thinner in pics grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now