Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

A letter to the woman whose husband I stole... without thinking.

(75 Posts)
chocolatemuppet Sat 27-Feb-16 14:33:35

Saw this link from The Guardian. made interesting (and sad!) reading. Emotive stuff for a lot of reasons.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/feb/27/a-letter-to-the-woman-whose-husband-i-stole-without-thinking?CMP=fb_gu

SoupDragon Sat 27-Feb-16 14:39:40

I think it's a pile of made up shit dressed up in OTT writing.

TanteRose Sat 27-Feb-16 14:43:09

Sad? Load of self-indulgent twaddle if you ask me.
Made me feel slightly nauseous tbh

multivac Sat 27-Feb-16 14:46:16

What utter rubbish. I don't even know where to start with how appalling this is, from every angle.

Northernlurker Sat 27-Feb-16 14:49:01

I don't think it's sad. I think it's deluded.

It's not just about the husband she stole is it? There were children in this marriage who's lives were clearly decimated by this woman - and she doesn't mention them except as a commodity. Awful.

MadamDeathstare Sat 27-Feb-16 14:50:12

What a bunch of meaningless maudlin moping. I notice she and the DH got the house while the wife was somehow supposed to cope with full custody and a 'holiday home' which is presumably in the back end of beyond and nowhere near the children's schools. I didn't notice an apology in there just a lot of patronizing stuff about her being the 'better woman' with no explanation as to why that is exactly. Maybe it's the 'feline eyes' or being slim?

Catnuzzle Sat 27-Feb-16 14:50:22

Self - indulgent tripe. Why on earth the writer thinks the wife will be in the least bit interested in what she thinks or feels about her is beyond me.

gymboywalton Sat 27-Feb-16 14:54:59

what a load of sorry nonsense

Obs2016 Sat 27-Feb-16 14:59:51

This is vomit inducing. This anonymous woman is a disgrace.

Twinklestein Sat 27-Feb-16 15:01:08

Husband's cant be 'stolen'.

Where's the mea culpa from him?

HellonHeels Sat 27-Feb-16 15:01:44

Self indulgent tripe. Or just made up bollocks which I think is more likely.

One of the main reasons I no longer read the Guardian is that it prints this sort of thing - left wing Daily Mail.

PrincessBooBoo Sat 27-Feb-16 15:03:19

Self indulgent bitch!

SpotOn Sat 27-Feb-16 15:04:29

No one could be that ridiculous, surely.

Ridiculous isn't quite the right word, but it's the most polite I can think of.

I suspect, and hope it's made up.

iPost Sat 27-Feb-16 15:04:56

It hit me. All of a sudden, I felt like an intruder. This was your house

No shit Sherlock.

I want you to know that I noticed all this and admired you silently for your ability to stay calm and composed, wiping tears with the end of your sleeve. I want you to know that the glance you threw at me hurt like a dart

A dart ? Oh woe is her. Let her try being the kids that emerge, alongside the betrayed spouse, from the rubble of their torpedoed, formerly happy enough home and then see if she still feels the need to emote about poxy superficial darts.

Fuck her.

May her pen dry up and all her bytes be corrupted, so I never have to read any of her self indulgent drivel ever again.

ivykaty44 Sat 27-Feb-16 15:05:54

The guardian does seem to have some particularly odd articles at the moment, hopefully it will pass.

There is an article about Trump & Diana this morning which is a dire read

Finola1step Sat 27-Feb-16 15:07:38

I read it. Thought it was poorly written drivel.

UnderTheGreenwoodTree Sat 27-Feb-16 15:07:52

A load of tosh.

novemberchild Sat 27-Feb-16 15:11:00

If she actually does feel like this, then how does she now feel about the 'man' she is now with?

nevertakeyouriphoneinthebath Sat 27-Feb-16 15:12:55

I detest open letters. They make me squirm no matter what the content or subject.

It's a total work of fiction, obviously. She has one thing right though. There is nothing quite like quiet, matter of fact, stiff upper lip dignity in the face of an adulterous husband and his mistress to make them feel uncomfortable and ashamed.

IfNotNowThenWhenever Sat 27-Feb-16 15:13:49

What a deluded, narcissistic godawful piece of writing.
It has "suddenly hit her" that she's done an awful thing to another human..what, really?? And no, she doesn't seem to believe the children are real people either.
It's a bit scary actually. Maybe she has some kind of phsychogical disorder?

Ickythumpsmum Sat 27-Feb-16 15:14:17

If she's a real person she truly is an arsehole. Before she realised what she was doing, and after.
It's almost a stealth boast about how she stole the home of a slim woman with nice eyes and made her cry.

Cabrinha Sat 27-Feb-16 15:17:47

Total trash.
I'm feeling a bit tempted to write one though "...my ex husband's girlfriend for when you discover what I know"

RoosterCogburn Sat 27-Feb-16 15:21:00

What a load of pretentious bollocks.

Perhaps when he chucks her out for the next one she can write a similar letter from a different perspective.

FifteenFortyNine Sat 27-Feb-16 15:21:36

I read it and thought what selfish nonsense. Reminded me of a similar story in daily mail a few years back, titled 'the woman whose husband i stole is killing me with kindness' or some other rubbish. Both stories written by people wholly unable to think of anyone else but themselves. And yes the men are equally if not more culpable.

NickiFury Sat 27-Feb-16 15:22:10

It's sickening. STFU and enjoy your "stolen" or in other words second hand husband. And do it quietly because no one cares about how YOU feel.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now