Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Found out stb ex h is now a sex tourist

(12 Posts)
Iseeall Thu 25-Feb-16 20:55:37

I don't really know why i'm posting or what advise anyone can give, but does anyone have any experience of this, or just kind words.

I had a long thread in the autumn about the discovery of my cheating h, and I received some excellent advise. In fact it was so good he confessed to two affairs.

We are still living in the same family home (it's up for sale) and although I have suspected something like this for a week or so, I've just found the evidence and I feel absolutely sick.

Yes, I know it's nothing to do with me now, but Russian brides, I'm just at a loss. It's making me feel ill thinking about it.

Does anyone remember my thread, some lovely mnetters helped me then, has anyone experienced this and can understand how I feel.

janaus Thu 25-Feb-16 22:03:23

No advice. But all I can say is .. "what is wrong with these men"

So sorry you are going through this. Surely he could have waited until things were settled.

Mummamayhem Thu 25-Feb-16 22:05:56

You poor thing. The only thing I can think to say is thank goodness you know and that you're getting shot of him! Here's to a happier future for you.

AnyFucker Thu 25-Feb-16 22:09:06

I remember you. I am sorry. No big surprises here. Push on with getting yourself the fuck away from thisn inadequate individual.

goddessofsmallthings Thu 25-Feb-16 23:24:11

If he's trying to find a mail order Russian bride that's not sex tourism, it's desperation born of idiocy and he'll get what he deserves.

In the meantime all you can do is try to expedite your divorce. Have you lined up alternative accomodation for when the house sells?

Iseeall Thu 25-Feb-16 23:50:05

This man is 58. I don't understand why he can't wait until we are living separately.

I've been reading another thread about men treating their exes with contempt and wonder if this is deliberately being done.

Can he just bring a Russian bride to the uk.

Iseeall Thu 25-Feb-16 23:50:07

This man is 58. I don't understand why he can't wait until we are living separately.

I've been reading another thread about men treating their exes with contempt and wonder if this is deliberately being done.

Can he just bring a Russian bride to the uk.

goddessofsmallthings Fri 26-Feb-16 00:04:57

As far as I know (and please don't quote me!) he can travel to Russia to find a bride and marry there, but he'll have to prove he has a disposable annual income of c£19,000 to sponsor his new spouse in order for her to be able to settle in the UK.

He can't remarry until the Absolute has been pronounced and I suggest you let the stupid twat get on with it

Atenco Fri 26-Feb-16 01:35:04

This man is 58. I don't understand why he can't wait until we are living separately

Mmm, I don't know the situation of your stbex, but a friend's ex is 67 and says that, as far as he is concerned, it is better to be badly accompanied than to be alone". I don't think he has ever been alone in his life.

mimishimmi Fri 26-Feb-16 01:47:45

It's not really sex tourism though is it? I've seen some really happy marriage from those sort of arrangments (usually Russian/East European) and some hellish ones (usually Thai/Chinese).

NoArmaniNoPunani Fri 26-Feb-16 01:57:15

It might not be sex tourism but it's still pretty grim and shows that he wants a relationship where he holds more of the power. I think I'd pity him more than anything. What a sad twat.

TheNaze73 Fri 26-Feb-16 10:50:03

You sound best out of that. What a sad, pathetic excuse for a man.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now