Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

stbexh is a psycho!

(15 Posts)
angrybeyondwords Sun 21-Feb-16 12:46:16

I've nc for this as other parts are identifying.

Arrived home from a night away to find that stbexh has ripped up all of our wedding photos and scattered them all over my bed, he's smashed my TV up with a hammer, smashed my dining table and chairs to pieces, taken my washer, drier, sound system and even some shoes and is trying to sell them on Facebook. He's also been going through the drawers in my bedroom counting how many condoms are there so he knows of i have used any!

I'm so so so angry and upset! How can anyone think this type of behaviour is acceptable?!

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Sun 21-Feb-16 12:48:25

I hope you've rung the police? Does he still live with you or did he break in?

penelopewellingdon Sun 21-Feb-16 12:48:36

photos, police and injunction.

what a vile thing to do.

are you ok?

ImperialBlether Sun 21-Feb-16 12:49:40

I agree: photos, police and injunction.

VimFuego101 Sun 21-Feb-16 12:51:24

Call the police, set up a security camera (you can get cheap motion activated webcams) and check through the house to see if he's taken anything else - sentimental items or credit cards/ financial info.

angrybeyondwords Sun 21-Feb-16 12:56:18

We are living apart, however his mum has become ill over the last few weeks and the DC can't go to her house for the time being. As he usually has the DC on a Saturday and we had been getting along fine I agreed to let him stay at my house to look after the children. (Yes stupid idea in hindsight but very little I can do about it now!)

I called the police about another incident a few months ago but because his name is on the tenancy agreement they can't/won't do anything about it. He's well within his rights to smash up whatever he wants in what is legally classed as his own home!

angrybeyondwords Sun 21-Feb-16 12:58:30

He's destroyed my wedding and engagement rings which is annoying as I could have sold them to get some money to go towards the things I now have to replace!

VimFuego101 Sun 21-Feb-16 12:59:56

What was the other incident? I can understand them saying that if it was something 'minor' - but I think you need to take advice on keeping him out of the home and changing the locks.

angrybeyondwords Sun 21-Feb-16 13:03:01

He damaged something else. It was a joint purchase so they said there's nothing they can do as if he wants to damage his own stuff that's his choice.

ridemesideways Sun 21-Feb-16 13:11:59

Call 101 and ask their advice and to log it anyway. I'm not sure the tenancy agreement is valid as he has to be the one living there? And it was YOUR possessions he destroyed.

BitterAndOnlySlightlyTwisted Sun 21-Feb-16 13:14:12

He went on a rampage of destruction while your children were present? And the police aren't interested? They might not have taken any action the first time but I doubt that would be the case now.

Get the bloody locks changed and to hell with the consequences!

How soon can you surrender this tenancy and move to a new property?

PeppasNanna Sun 21-Feb-16 13:26:18

I would call the police regardless of their previous response.

MatildaTheCat Sun 21-Feb-16 13:38:45

I am certain that it is unlawful to destroy the property of another person and wedding and engagement rings are yours, not jointly owned. The rest sounds illegal to me as well but not so sure. Call the police and refuse to allow him access to the property again. He's a danger.

PurpleVauxhall Sun 21-Feb-16 13:43:55

He doesn't sound stable enough to be in charge of your children.

ChasingPavements Sun 21-Feb-16 13:53:48

Call the police, now. Get it logged and him questioned/charged. You should not have to live in fear of him. thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now