Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What does this "tinder" message even mean?

(36 Posts)
Orangeapple Fri 19-Feb-16 21:40:00

Ok chatting to a guy on tinder for a few days becomes apprant he is from up north and only I'm my area for a week, he asks me to meet up, I politely decline saying I'm not into hook ups, looking for something more long term and with distance between us and work/kids etc it's just not what I'm looking for! He responds with this

"Actually I was quite surprised...... As a northerner I put on tinder near me...... And I get some scary ladies.... 24 hours in the south and I want to move home......lol.....god bless the beautiful south xx "

Ok might be being thick but what's he saying????

Am I scary shock

Hobbes8 Fri 19-Feb-16 21:41:53

He's saying "I'm thick as mince, sexist and you have had a lucky escape"

inlectorecumbit Fri 19-Feb-16 21:42:09

Naw... he's a dick smile

Coconutty Fri 19-Feb-16 21:42:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

duckyneedsaclean Fri 19-Feb-16 21:42:30

He's pissed off you don't want to meet up. You're not scary. (Probably) wink

TheNaze73 Fri 19-Feb-16 21:44:51

He's just trying to salvage some pride as you blew him out. No biggie. Move on

Orangeapple Fri 19-Feb-16 21:45:39

coco I don't follow how it's a compliment, isn't he saying he wants to go home and the south women are scary ?

I don't think he is pissed, he is currently in a police rehabilitation centre for injured policemen in my area

PurpleLilac2016 Fri 19-Feb-16 21:48:12

Tinder . . shudder . . All the guys on that website either have a gf / wife, and are looking for a bit of 'hoohaa'. I am YET to hear of a success story lol

0hCrepe Fri 19-Feb-16 21:53:39

He's saying he wants to move down south the lovely ladies like you. That's up north where he's from they're scary but after 20 minutes down south beauties like you crop up.

Mamaka Fri 19-Feb-16 21:56:20

No he's saying he is in the north and he has tinder set for near him, and gets only scary ladies while in the north....and being in the south and seeing what he can get (ie you) makes him want to move back down south. Rubbish flirting.

Orangeapple Fri 19-Feb-16 21:58:12

purple I have to agree, I have seen a few familiar faces I know in fact that are in LTR hmm

Not actually met anyone off there just a bit of half hearted messages

crepe oh that's sweet, kind of feel I should reply now..... No idea with what, maybe I should tell him to get hisself injured again and let me know when he is back grin shame because he actually seemed like a decent guy

PrincessBooBoo Fri 19-Feb-16 22:00:57

He's saying, ...The northern ladies are scary but after seeing southern girls he wants to move back home' IE: the southerners are worse

JanuaryKat Fri 19-Feb-16 22:01:07

He's saying he wants to move house (home) - move from the scary northern ladies to the beautiful southern ones.

JanuaryKat Fri 19-Feb-16 22:02:33

Cross posts blush

Yseulte Fri 19-Feb-16 22:08:37

I doubt he has any more idea than we do. Is he pissed?

PurpleLilac2016 Fri 19-Feb-16 22:16:22

orangeapple I have seen loads of married men on there, loads with gfs . .some being the partners of my friends . . but I've said nothing, as it's not my place to say! But I just find it so disgusting and brazen for such men to be doing it.
I got chatting to a, what I thought, nice guy over xmas. He so said he had a big op, so couldn't meet just yet. I said ok no problem. So one day I was on facebook on my friends FB, I was looking @ her friends list, and I saw his profile, but it wasn't just him in the profile picture, it was him AND his gf very cosy! So I sent a sarcastic message a few days ago, saying the usual hi, how are you and etc . . he responded with ''Oh you've been quiet?'' . .I said ''I assumed you had a gf, so just left you to it?'' . . .surprise surprise, I've had no respond since!!!

Dirty dog!!!

TokenGinger Fri 19-Feb-16 22:37:26

I gathered he's originally from the south. He's visiting home. He says the ladies near him are crazy and he's been viewing ladies from the south for 24 hours and realised he wants to move home.

Seems like a compliment towards you.

Slowdecrease Fri 19-Feb-16 22:43:17

purple I've been with DP for almost a year and a half - met on Tinder. Success story (in the making?)

PurpleLilac2016 Sat 20-Feb-16 00:39:45

Slowdecrease Yours is the only one I've heard lasting more than 6 days! lol

DCITennison Sat 20-Feb-16 00:49:19

He is saying: Right well that was a waste of time, one last ditched attempt to salvage a shag by slagging off other women.

What he'll be saying next week when back up north: God those Southern women, faces like boiled ham and slapped arses....thank god I'm home with all the beautiful northern women, can we shag yet??

PaperDollChain Sat 20-Feb-16 00:50:57

I think it's an insult to southern women. He refers to himself as a Northerner and whilst the women up north are bad, southerners are worse.

He's just being a dick. Lucky escape op.

PaperDollChain Sat 20-Feb-16 00:52:31

'As a Northener' is something only a person who was born and raised in the North would say, ie. North is 'home'.

PaperDollChain Sat 20-Feb-16 00:55:00

Oh, and 'beautiful South' is him attempting to be sarcastic. (Original southerner, now living in the North fwiw grin).

Morgani97 Sat 20-Feb-16 01:15:12

Paperdollchain I'm originally from the south too and live in the north west now,is it me or do all northern blokes think that being sarcastic is the highest form of wit? Lol

RiceCrispieTreats Sat 20-Feb-16 02:33:57

He's saying: "I like to disparage women, and I also want to have the last word because I don't like the feeling of being rejected."

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now