Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Annoyed, hurt but pleased.

(9 Posts)
Bobcaygeon Thu 18-Feb-16 06:20:22

Re-registered.
I'm going to keep this short but 'thank you' mumsnet. I was obsessed with someone for a few years. If he clicked his fingers, I'd come running. He got in contact with me recently and we arranged to meet at a hotel last night. I said that I only wanted to meet as old friends and go out for a meal.

I went to his room, heart POUNDING, but insisted on going out for a meal. He thought 'meal first'. I drank too much with nerves but paid for the meal and came home. I sent a text from the train saying how much I'd enjoyed the evening and have had NO reply. No 'thank you', no checking to see if I got home ok. All I lost was £60 but I've now shut the lid on a mad time. Pissed off to see in hindsight that he only ever did call for sex but the look on his face was priceless. I couldn't have done that without reading advice on here.

ALaughAMinute Thu 18-Feb-16 06:26:12

You are are strong woman Bob - well done you!

ThumbWitchesAbroad Thu 18-Feb-16 06:34:46

Oh fab, well done you! Now take the extra step and block/delete his numbers - now you know you were "only" a booty call, he can no longer be considered a friend, so you can lose him without any regret.
thankswine

Bobcaygeon Thu 18-Feb-16 06:48:00

He has opened a healed wound and I do think of him if certain music is played but meh. He actually thought that he could ring me after 2 years, professing, 'missed you loads' and i'd roll over. Dick.

ThumbWitchesAbroad Thu 18-Feb-16 06:55:47

Then, to use your own analogy, clean out any debris/scar tissue from your wound, and sew it up tight. Patch it over with a nice antiseptic pad to ensure complete healing and leave it alone to let it heal (i.e. don't scratch it). You'll be fine in no time, and hopefully won't even have a scar! grin

DoreenLethal Thu 18-Feb-16 09:16:45

Yeah - well done you.

SfaOkaySuperFurryAnimals Thu 18-Feb-16 16:33:02

Nice move, well done you 😊

BlondeOnATreadmill Thu 18-Feb-16 16:46:46

I wish you hadn't paid the bill.

Tbh, I don't think that you should have met for dinner, after 2 years of nothing.

But if it has given you some closure that's great. Make sure you don't see him again.

ImperialBlether Thu 18-Feb-16 16:49:56

I wish you hadn't paid for his part of the bill!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now