Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How do you move on

(3 Posts)
Angieyy1 Mon 08-Feb-16 17:03:41

Just curious as to how you've moved on when you have split with some one with regards to meeting some one else.

It's only been 5 weeks and have no intention to meet anyone yet I'm still wanting him so much but I know I don't want to be on my own forever.

I go to college and it's an all girls class, I work in the beauty industry and its all women.

My friends are all in relationships or have small children so we don't go out much and feel as we've got older we don't have the same interest... I do not want to go on a dating website as it makes me depressed just to think what is left out their as I'm nearly 39...

Is their any positive stories I'm in a woman's world with no male company or interaction

Xx

elliepac Tue 09-Feb-16 20:01:08

I was in exactly the same position as you 2 years ago to a certain extent. Left an EA marriage (13 yes married, 19 together). I knew it was the right thing and I didn't miss him so in that case I am different but it still took time to get my head around things.

Like you, I knew I didn't want to be on my own and despaired at the chances of meeting someone. I am a teacher in a mainly female environment. All my friends are married with children who don't go out and when you add into that full time working mum of 2, I thought it would be impossible. You do need to take some time for you. To heal, to come to terms.

There are several things you can do such as join some interest clubs, be it exercise or craft or whatever it is that you enjoy. That may help you to meet people. Try and persuade your friends to go out once in a while? I know my married friends relished the opportunity to get out every now and then. I also wouldn't write off OLD. Yes it can be depressing, yes it is a numbers game. However, there are some really nice guys out there. Set your bar high, have strict filters re what you want. Do not invest eveything in it but approach with an open mind. I signed up thinking i would just have a laugh at some pictures and have some rather odd men messaging me. That did happen. I ignored them. However I did have a couple of nice dates with nice men and one brief fling. This was achieved through ruthless filtering. Then, about a year ago, I met my now DP who is without doubt the best thing that has ever happened to me. They are out there. I promise. And I am the same age as you if that helps.

Angieyy1 Wed 10-Feb-16 00:13:31

Thank you xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now