Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Does Relate have anything over private counsellors? Need to book

(3 Posts)
ClutterBox Wed 03-Feb-16 17:26:17

Finally plucked up courage to book Relate but they're all booked up for the next few weeks. She suggested calling back next week to see if there are sessions available then. I don't want it dragging on now!

I've looked at BACP website and search for couples counselling. Is there any difference? Obviously Relate only deal with couples etc but I'm not sure I won't self implode in the mean time. I've just finished a course of counselling on my own and came to the conclusion I have to take action about the mess of my marriage.

Balders74 Wed 03-Feb-16 17:37:29

I have no experience here but the only difference may be the cost. I may be wrong but going private may cost more. I hope you find someone before you implode flowers and that you DH is on the same page and willing to attend the counselling.

ClutterBox Wed 03-Feb-16 17:52:39

The private counsellor is cheaper actually. And dh is on board. Dreading it though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now