Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Any advice?

(17 Posts)
Toots16 Thu 28-Jan-16 13:00:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pocketsaviour Thu 28-Jan-16 13:27:43

I'm sorry but it sounds like this relationship is over, and the best thing for you is to accept that.

Your MH issues don't sound very well-balanced at the moment, and if she also has PTSD then I think that is a huge huge strain to put on any relationship, then add 5 DC into the mix...

Are you getting treatment for your MH problems? Is your mum one of the causes/contributors to your shitty childhood?

Toots16 Thu 28-Jan-16 13:32:51

hellsbellsmelons Thu 28-Jan-16 14:36:25

3 years is not that long when you think about your lifetime.
So don't think about in those terms.
I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. I have no idea what it must be like so you have my sympathies.
Concentrate on getting yourself better for now.
Lean on your mum and try to forget about the Ex. Easier said than done I know!

Toots16 Fri 29-Jan-16 18:35:31

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Fri 29-Jan-16 19:15:49

You're 24 and have been with a woman 10 years older with 5 kids for the last 3 years? Too much far too young my friend, especially with both of your mental health difficulties on top. Accept it's over and focus on recovery.

Creampastry Fri 29-Jan-16 19:22:34

You sound too young to be in that sort of relationship. As hard as it is you need to accept its over and walk away. It will help your mental health in the long run.

MoominPie22 Fri 29-Jan-16 19:24:16

You were with a woman who had 5 kids, none of them yours?? shock Wow. Just wow, really.....You´re a braver man than me!

springydaffs Fri 29-Jan-16 19:30:34

It's going to be hard to focus on your recovery when you're dealing with a broken heart as well flowers

Perhaps your partner feels you should both be working together, taking the rough with the smooth. She sounds very angry you have chosen to live with your mum, even if she may understand your reasons. She's on her own with 5 kids and she'll be feeling that.

If you don't mind me asking, what was your mum's part in your damaging childhood?

Clare1971 Fri 29-Jan-16 19:53:54

MoominPie22 ..or braver woman - not sure we can assume OP is a man unless I've missed something. Either way I agree, OP needs to concentrate on own mental health for a bit.

Toots16 Sat 30-Jan-16 10:17:10

springydaffs Sat 30-Jan-16 12:13:32

You haven't left her with 5 kids. They are her kids, her responsibility. Just that she will feel it and feel angry - but not your problem!

Toots16 Sat 30-Jan-16 13:22:14

CalleighDoodle Sat 30-Jan-16 13:27:03

You need to do what is best for you at this point. She is not your responsibility. Neither are the children. (Although if they were at risk id be making a phone call).

Toots16 Sat 30-Jan-16 13:57:14

springydaffs Sat 30-Jan-16 17:36:47

She forgot you were there?!? That's just horrible.

I'm wondering if you gave more to the relationship than her?

Toots16 Sat 30-Jan-16 18:06:38

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now