Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What does being in love feel like?

(7 Posts)
luluinlalaland Tue 26-Jan-16 18:38:55

I'm not sure I know any more. Am I infatuated or in love? He certainly makes me feel good. He's in my head all the time. I love spending time with him. It's been such a long time (we're talking decades) since I had a healthy relationship. I know he adores me. We've been together a while now & I kind of have the feeling we're both skirting around the 'L' word, waiting to see who gives in first. So, how do you know?

BrentCross Tue 26-Jan-16 18:44:18

You know because you are different to what you were before. I believe love chooses you not you it. It is an override function for the things that normally hold us back in life, e.g from expressing feelings for someone else. Don't feel like you are giving in, we aren't around for long on this earth and with all the hatred and uncertainty it is all we really have.

daisychain01 Tue 26-Jan-16 18:44:19

I personally feel love takes time to nurture so I wouldn't Base too much store on the heady feeling of love you and he may be experiencing if it's only been a matter of a few months.

I would use it as a sign that things feel positive and heading in the right direction

I wouldn't put a label on it just enjoy the feeling and see how it goes.

You can't hurry love as they say!

wonderingsoul Tue 26-Jan-16 18:58:23

For me. I feel like I'm home when I'm near him, doesn't matter where we are, He's just home.

I'm quite an anxious person and don't take risks but he makes me want to see the postive in everything and want to not worry about the what ifs. So he's made me a better person. He makes me want to be a better person.

offside Tue 26-Jan-16 18:58:57

It feels easy and natural, comfortable and safe. Falling in love is what happens after the honeymoon period, that's when you really know. You're a better person by just being with them and so much more content in life.

He doesn't necessarily have to be in your head all the time, I think that's the honeymoon period.

Offred Wed 27-Jan-16 16:49:56

I think being in love is based on knowing each other really well. I agree it comes after the honeymoon period which is infatuation.

I don't think it is so much a feeling as an activity. Having the other person's best interests entwined with your own etc

Offred Wed 27-Jan-16 16:51:52

Saying "I am in love with you" is a statement of commitment for me.

It isn't being excited by them, thinking about them all the time, enjoying their company, having a great connection etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now