Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

yet another hurtful disappointment

(12 Posts)
RunningMum1971 Tue 26-Jan-16 03:31:42

So, 14 anniversary today, not forgotten but not recognised by him. Received my marks from part time university study, another A+. No genuine congratulations. I work full time while he is part time, and we have a 12 yr old daughter, but he expects sympathy for being tired because he works so hard.
The last couple of times our daughter has been at friends for the night, I have hoped to go out but he's gone fishing.
Am I just expecting too much? Or is he taking me for granted?

Mrskeats Tue 26-Jan-16 04:28:42

No expecting what mid people would be happy to do.
Well done on marks at uni
Have you said anything?

Mrskeats Tue 26-Jan-16 04:28:55

Most stupid phone

Marchate Tue 26-Jan-16 09:03:03

He is putting himself above you. That's unreasonable, yes

Norest Tue 26-Jan-16 11:20:36

Well done on your marks at uni! Thats fantastic.

It sounds like you are being taken for granted to me.

Does he do his fai share of chores aorund the house etc?

ChopsticksandChilliCrab Tue 26-Jan-16 11:50:36

He sounds thoughtless and self-centred. In your position I would be asking to have a heart-to-heart to clear the air. Don't just seethe in silence.

BarbarianMum Tue 26-Jan-16 12:01:17

"Am I just expecting too much?"

Depends on whether you think respect, support, acknowledgement and companionship should be core parts of marriage. I personally wouldn't see the point of marriage without them.

Leelu6 Tue 26-Jan-16 12:05:11

YANBU. Do you have a more successful career that he resents you for?

He sounds like a manchild. Hope he is not taking advantage of you. Do you get anything out of the relationship?

HelpfulChap Tue 26-Jan-16 12:06:33

Congratulations on your results. Excellent work.

You are being mugged off.

Toystory4 Tue 26-Jan-16 13:00:04

Has this been the case for some time? Is it a reflection of your marriage as a whole?

DoreenLethal Tue 26-Jan-16 13:04:51

What's the point of him?

DespicableBee Tue 26-Jan-16 13:23:56

He sounds selfish, does he always put himself first in the relationship

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now