Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How to get affection...

(5 Posts)
batshipcrazy Mon 25-Jan-16 19:00:38

I'm in the middle of seperating from my h.. He is still living at home and it is very very stressful and painful. I am emotionally and physically exhausted.i have so many emotions flying around inside me that I feel helpless.

My question is, I feel like I need a big hug and some kind affection. I'm not after sex or romance, just kindness and closeness. I absolutely do not want to run back in to the arms of my estranged h..
How do you get this? Is this normal? Will I always feel like this?
To be honest, I've been starved of affection in my marriage for a long time, so it's not a new thing.. But why does the feeling , feel so strong now?

Feeling very 😭 For myself..

flatbellyfella Mon 25-Jan-16 19:08:34

Do you still have parents that could give you a hug, or a close friend you could explain what you have told us...

flatbellyfella Mon 25-Jan-16 19:13:39

It is normal if you have been starved of affection in your marriage over many years.it never goes away, especially when you read about others having loving partners, that dote on them. flowers

EmmaBray Mon 25-Jan-16 22:58:18

That's terrible, I really feel for you. Its nice to get a bit of physical reassurance now and then. Really they need to set up some sort of hugging clubs as a type of meditation.

FinallyHere Tue 26-Jan-16 09:22:23

Agree that hugs from friends and family are ideal. Meanwhile, would a beauty treatment help perhaps a facial or back massage?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now