Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Three weeks NC

(5 Posts)
Cherrycrystal Sun 17-Jan-16 19:52:33

I had to go no contact with my ex, he broke up with me and then after a few weeks he came back into my life, saying he wanted me but he would act as though I was an inconvenience and seemed to enjoy keeping me on the hook. I have made it to 3 weeks. im so proud of myself, he made it clear he didn't want me and wasn't willing to give me any part of himself.
However, now I need to stop thinking of him how do I do this? I'm trying to tell myself not to when I do but it's so hard.
Not only that, we haven't gone this long without speaking since the first few weeks after our breakup, I miss him. I don't miss how badly he treated me but I miss him, I miss who he used to be, I miss the man I fell in love with. How do I stop myself doing this, it's just hurting me more in the long run.

Balders74 Sun 17-Jan-16 20:01:07

Just give it time & slowly you will think about him less & less. You've done the right thing by going NC now just stick to in & slowly things will get better.

You're worth more than being treated like shit by anyone. flowers

charleneralston26 Sun 17-Jan-16 20:20:11

well done for the nc! I've been apart from my ex for 2 weeks and by god it's hard I want to tell him when something good happens when bad things happen it's soo hard I have given in a lot and find it so hard! especially when they are you best friend you told everything too!
well done for the nc! keep strong I know how hard it is! xx

AlwaysHopeful1 Sun 17-Jan-16 20:36:05

Well done! In a week you will be a month over him and it does get easier. Practically you can keep very busy, to not have time to think of him. Go out with friends more, try something new, take up a class, anything really to just have a new focus.

Cherrycrystal Sun 17-Jan-16 21:09:27

Thank you all. I feel like it should have become easier by now and in many respects it has, Always I will try keeping busy. I suppose that's the only way to truly take my mind off him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now