Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

If you think your chap is a good dad, just a little bit abusive...

(21 Posts)
DoreenLethal Sat 16-Jan-16 12:29:10

then think on.

This is the checklist used by Julien Blanc to teach men how to make women stay.

Every day we see women on here [and sometimes men] that are being abused by their partners/husbands.

If you are seeing any of these methodologies in your partner, male or female then you might wish to revise the basis of your relationship altogether.

I am not posting this from on high. I was in an abusive relationship around 25 years ago. I left with just what I could fit into my car and nowhere to stay that night.

My good friend who showed me this yesterday was raped and horribly abused by her partner and also, left with minimal 'stuff' and went to a friend's house and he helped her get away.

Nobody deserves this sort of behaviour in a relationship. No matter how ground down or how many children you have.

Arfarfanarf Sat 16-Jan-16 12:32:29

That man is unbelievable. He is extremely dangerous. And as for the men who pay for his courses, well, words fail me.

That picture to the left. Where is that from? Are you saying he created that?

Twinklestein Sat 16-Jan-16 12:35:51

He adapted it from the 'power and control wheel' used to identity abuse.

DoreenLethal Sat 16-Jan-16 12:36:22

If you google his name under images - you will find it.

That really isn't the point though. A checklist exists. That is the point.

pocketsaviour Sat 16-Jan-16 14:19:48

Christ that's terrifying.

AyeAmarok Sat 16-Jan-16 14:26:34

I've just been listening to Any Questions where the panel were discussing freedom of speech etc. And I did sort of agree with Ann Widdecombe that nobody has the right to not be offended.

Then I see this and wonder how the hell that's allowed to be printed and shared.

I mean surely that's almost bordering on crime?

angry

<conflicted>

Threefishys Sat 16-Jan-16 14:34:52

Prize knob, associates with Russell Brand - that's all you need to know. Just at there will always be awful women there will always be awful men. It was ever thus.

HappyGoLuckyGirl Sat 16-Jan-16 14:51:49

What. The. FUCK

Twinklestein Sat 16-Jan-16 15:19:48

To be fair, he was actually barred from entering this country on the basis of his antics. Usually a tactic reserved for criminals and terrorists.

Fidelia Sat 16-Jan-16 17:23:39

!!!!

Anniegetyourgun Sat 16-Jan-16 17:36:26

Dangerous lunatic.

Abominablebride Sat 16-Jan-16 17:36:36

I've just googled him and feel sick.
How is this even legal?

JimmyChoosChimichanga Sat 16-Jan-16 19:04:53

He has a face that could stop a clock so I am guessing he doesn't get to bang too many 'Hotties'.

PandoNoPants Sat 16-Jan-16 19:57:20

Didn't Anonymous target him in 2014 and stop him holding his nasty little "conferences"? I hope they go after him again and he gets barred from entering other countries. (Twitter #TakeDownJulienBlanc)

whatsforsupper Sat 16-Jan-16 20:00:41

He's vile as are the idiots that attend his seminars I despair that any man would think what he preaches is acceptable.

I think he's banned from the UK and was also removed from Australia there was quite a lot of media around his nasty antics last year.

QueenLaBeefah Sat 16-Jan-16 20:06:24

I actually find that check list upsetting. What kind of sick fuck wants to spread that message around the world? Very dangerous "man".

LuluJakey1 Sat 16-Jan-16 21:44:23

Vile man. Should be castrated. And pug ugly grin

kittybiscuits Sun 17-Jan-16 09:38:03

Jeez Doreen that is sick. Like these bastards need help to abuse more effectively. It should be a criminal act to incite abuse.

DoreenLethal Sun 17-Jan-16 09:45:42

Of course it should. We see the insidious drip drip drip of many of these techniques day in day out on here...

One one hand, it is brilliant that countries are banning this person from entering. On the other, any publicity is good publicity. Women need to know that there are men out there that not only promote these techniques but that their partners/husbands/potential spouses might well have clued themselves up on this.

The problem is that if people are more aware of the Red Flags that are indicators of future abuse, the more the future abusers will hide the Red Flags until they are safer.

kittybiscuits Sun 17-Jan-16 13:18:56

I think the idea that men 'mug up' on techniques is mind-blowing. I'm probably very naïve though. My cunt ex bought a wonderful book - That Bitch: Protect Yourself Against Women with Malicious Intent. Justifies everything he did. Poor guy.

mum2mum99 Sun 17-Jan-16 21:49:03

He is building his own grave. he is not going to pick up a soul mate with these technics, just a shagbag. he might as well settle for an inflatable one, less complications!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now