Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Frenemy?

(8 Posts)
Kimberley00001 Sun 10-Jan-16 08:46:05

Sigh. So just been out for drinks with a friend. It was okay and such but I just couldn't cope with the constant references about her and her boyfriend, she's recently got with someone and she tells me intimate details of her sex life word for word, what he does for her in other ways support wise, presents, is buying her a new car (she can't drive) says about a man who I was kind of seeing "oh he was just using you for sex" ( see my other threads it's such a long story ) and if I got talking to any other guys she would say "oh I saw him kissing/ talking to someone else " now I'm not particularly bothered, but it feels like she is basing all my self worth on the fact I'm not coupled and as if it isn't difficult enough as a single parent, it's like she's trying to say she's better than me because she's with someone... She's a sp too but has had many more relationships than me and it's making me question myself that I'm not going to meet anyone decent and tbh it hurts... So what do I do about it all? Please help.

Fairenuff Sun 10-Jan-16 08:48:49

Why did you go out for a drink with her when you know what she's like?

Kimberley00001 Sun 10-Jan-16 08:52:10

Because I thought that it was just she was in the throes of a new relationship and was happy so I let it go last time ... But obviously she keeps going on so I won't be going again... Nights out are rare, I have zero single friends they all stay home with their partners

Kimberley00001 Sun 10-Jan-16 09:05:10

Anyone??

Throwingshade Sun 10-Jan-16 09:06:15

You have posted this on AIBU and got some responses so not sure why you are posting here too. Why not report one or both threads and ask MNHQ to just have one on one of the boards?

Fairenuff Sun 10-Jan-16 10:10:31

So this is only the second time it's happened?

Kimberley00001 Sun 10-Jan-16 10:24:53

She has always been a bit of a bragger, and I just normally shrug it off... But it got a bit much and it is stinging tbh.

Fairenuff Sun 10-Jan-16 10:37:33

Time to knock it on the head then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now