Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I can't believe I've been so stupid

(3 Posts)
honeyJD Fri 08-Jan-16 13:35:11

My ex dumped me in sept as he had depression and didn't feel he could cope with a relationship. Didn't see each other at all, the odd text her and there but mostly NC. Then he contacts me out of the blue before Xmas to say he feels so much better and wants to give us another try. We meet up a couple of times and everything goes ok. Then today he tells me again that he's not ready, that he had counselling last night and they really pressured him into thinking is he ready, is he strong enough, is he sure?

I feel heartbroken all over again and angry at myself for even contemplating letting him into my life again angry

iggy155 Fri 08-Jan-16 13:51:24

I think you need to move on. Easy to say I know. Do you want to be in a relationship where you are constantly on edge waiting for him to finish it? He needs space and not to be in a relationship to sort himself out.

Jan45 Fri 08-Jan-16 17:16:28

He's a waste of your time and energy, move on for sure and block all contact, no point, he will continue to let you down for whatever reason, doesn't matter, fact is you will be messed about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now