Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

is stinky feet a deal breaker

(54 Posts)
wuckfit Tue 05-Jan-16 23:33:38

Early days , can't broach the subject. WWYD??

This is not just a whiff this is full on gipping material. I can't have him take his shoes of again it was rank. Totally gone of him now, how can i tell him its just not gonna work

IguanaTail Tue 05-Jan-16 23:34:46

Forget it. You can't go out with someone if you heave when they remove their shoes.

AnyFucker Tue 05-Jan-16 23:36:00

Of course. You will gip every time you have sex unless he keeps his shoes on

Not sexy, that

thehillshaveyes Tue 05-Jan-16 23:36:41

Was it just one time?

Busyworkingmum71 Tue 05-Jan-16 23:38:38

No, my dh's feet have been rank at times, but I still love the bones off him. Just tell him to go give them a wash?

My dh suffers sometimes more sometimes than at others and I'm sure it's a fungal type infection. Get him to wash them when he takes his shoes off, and encourage himmto go barefoot a lot, the air to his feet will help. I also get dh to out his socks straight in the washing machine when they're at their worst and shut the door to lock in the whiff until the next wash goes on.

wuckfit Tue 05-Jan-16 23:41:25

Been on 2 dates invited him round to mine, Iv fabreezed as soon as he left. I can't tell him to go wash his feet that's just awkward. I had to grin and bare it, nothing sexual happened I was concentrating on not throwing my tea up. Urgh I'm traumatised

goldglittershitter Tue 05-Jan-16 23:42:10

Total deal breaker for me. I love the way DH smells, it wouldn't be right to be trying not to breathe in or feeling vommy.

He'll have to go, OP .....

IguanaTail Tue 05-Jan-16 23:42:36

Sounds really romantic!

Angleshades Tue 05-Jan-16 23:44:52

It's usually caused when someone keeps wearing trainers or shoes without socks. The bacteria builds up really easily and it isn't long before the footwear starts to really stink, even if used with socks afterwards, the damage has already been done. I bet during the warmer months he probably wore the shoes/trainers without socks and ruined them. Good luck broaching the subject with him, not a move I'd look forward to in a fresh relationship.

wuckfit Tue 05-Jan-16 23:45:13

No it really wasn't. He's really tall maybe he can't smell them?? Any ideas on how to call it ️of without telling him it's the stench of his feet

Haggisfish Tue 05-Jan-16 23:46:28

Some people have a condition though where their feet reek no matter how long ago they've washed them. I couldn't do it.

IguanaTail Tue 05-Jan-16 23:51:20

He is presenting himself at his absolute best in a fresh relationship. If he is presenting himself repeatedly with feet that make you physically gag, then I'm sorry I think it's game over.

Telling someone they have an odour issue is right up there with delicate issues.

MadeMan Tue 05-Jan-16 23:53:21

Don't know about naturally stinky feet, but I hate those huge fuzzy stinky slippers that some people wear all the time at home to make their feet sweat buckets. Bin them please and go bare footed around the house. Thanks. smile

wuckfit Tue 05-Jan-16 23:56:37

He didn't bring his big fuzzy slippers. Maybe he had them on before he came to mine? Good theory. I shall have to slowly faze it out, be busy when he asks to go out, not reply to texts straightaway. Maybe hel get bored. I do feel a bit mean tho??

leb33 Tue 05-Jan-16 23:58:30

Other than the stinky feet do you like him?

wuckfit Wed 06-Jan-16 00:00:12

I did , I don't now

Tiggeryoubastard Wed 06-Jan-16 00:02:20

Yes. If he can't even be bothered to access even basic hygiene at this stage ten it's a no go.
Far into a relationship when his feet stink at the end of a day and he sorts it is totally different.

MadeMan Wed 06-Jan-16 00:06:26

Also, if you like to sleep 'top and tail' with your partner, then stinky feet are no fun.

sparklesnpearls Wed 06-Jan-16 00:08:09

Who sleeps top n tail with their partner mademangrin we are not 8!!

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Wed 06-Jan-16 00:08:42

Stinky hooves. Me no like. I know its shallow and I know people can't help it but. It would be a deal breaker for me. But I'd just say its not working out. I mean you be that cruel and say. Your hooves honk, can you.

carbsfoundme Wed 06-Jan-16 00:23:13

Dump him now. Stinky twat.

DoinMiFuckinHeadIn Wed 06-Jan-16 01:40:26

My exh used to have really badly stinking feet.

He got something from the chemist called boric acid I think. It was a powder and he just sprinkled it in his shoes once every few days. Problem solved.

DoinMiFuckinHeadIn Wed 06-Jan-16 01:41:15

It might have been borassic

Geekology Wed 06-Jan-16 06:25:00

He might have trench foot which needs a trip to the GP for treatment. My ex had it and it was bloody awful, none of the usual off the counter remedies worked but his GP knew what to do immediately.

OTOH, you could just dump and move on grin

BishopBrennansArse Wed 06-Jan-16 06:28:09

Oh dear.
Sounds like my xh. Note the x.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now