Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I'm so upset,boyfriend doesn't care

(10 Posts)
Sadohsosad Mon 04-Jan-16 21:49:09

Things have been bad for me for a while what with health problems etc.
I never buy anything for myself always spend on kids and wouldn't have it any other way but it's taken me 6 months to afford to go to hairdressers.
I have natural dark brown hair and went today to get a few subtle highlights in . I'm now totally blonde its awful yellow ginger blonde.
I'm not a shallow person but I've literally saved for months for this.
She has cut it so so short too.
I said to her today that it wasn't what I asked for and she said come back tommorow and we will put a couple of brown bits in.
I just want it back dark.
If she trys to charge me I cabg afford it.
Boyfriend is just saying tough luck and laughing.
I know to some people it might not seem much but I have zero confidence to start

AnyFucker Mon 04-Jan-16 21:51:33

He sounds mean

I am sorry it went a bit wrong. I reckon the hairdresser wants to put some darker bits in to tone it down and she will do it for free.

Tell your bf to STFU if he can't say something nice

Gliblet Mon 04-Jan-16 21:53:30

Your boyfriend's being a shit.

If you can manage to gather up all your anger tomorrow before going back in, walk in there, demand a refund and the name of the dye she used. Don't trust her to piddle about with your hair any more, she's not exactly given you cause to trust her. If you have a confident/bolshy friend who can go back with you even better. She's provided a sub-standard service that wasn't what you asked for and she should give you a refund. Make sure you take before/after pics.

Sadohsosad Mon 04-Jan-16 21:53:53

I only wanted a caramel colour just a few here and there.
Fingers crossed they do it for free.
I'm hoping if I show her the pic of what I wanted they will.
Really hope I don't sound shallow
Most days I stick a hat on anyway its just when you look forward to something

choceclair123 Mon 04-Jan-16 22:34:19

Tell her she's ruined your hair and you want a refund then get someone else to fix it.

AnyFucker Mon 04-Jan-16 22:59:18

You don't sound at all shallow

hownottofuckup Mon 04-Jan-16 23:03:21

I had a hairdresser do this, they redid it for free.
They absolutely should fix it without charging extra as you're a walking advert for their business. I actually got a refund too (it was a proper shit job the first time round).
Sorry your BF is being a twat

NotnowNigel Mon 04-Jan-16 23:20:06

It's like any other service - under the Consumer Rights Act you are entitled to request a refund - they have not provided a service of satisfactory quality.

Just think of that 6 months saving OP, and go in and say you are not at all happy and want a refund. Any argument just keep repeating you want a refund (broken record technique). Don't leave until you get it. Then go elsewhere to get it fixed.

Morganly Mon 04-Jan-16 23:25:13

First thing, it's probably not as bad as you think, just not the vision you had in your head if you see what I mean.

Well done for being assertive and saying it's not what you wanted. Sounds like you got a result with her saying she'll try and fix it tomorrow. It sounds like that won't be for an extra cost but if she does ask for more money, well, you've been assertive today, you can do it again.

Hmm, not sure about the boyfriend. If it genuinely doesn't look that bad, he might think you are making a fuss about nothing. What do you think, is he being nasty or is he just trying to convince you that it isn't important, albeit in an insensitive way? Does he ever treat you to anything?

Spending money on your children is good and lovely but never spending money on yourself isn't right. Don't always put yourself bottom of your own priority list as that just gives everyone else permission to do the same.

PrincessBooBoo Tue 05-Jan-16 10:42:31

Save money by dumping your unkind shit of a boyfriend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now