Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Really trying hard not to..

(130 Posts)
suchstuffasbaddreamsaremadeof Wed 30-Dec-15 18:08:29

Text a man who has repeatedly just shown he has no respect for me, just wants me for sex and doesn't really treat me even as a friend. I have had NC with him for five days and i just want to text him really badly. Can anyone help?

Creampastry Wed 30-Dec-15 18:09:32

Delete his number. Now. Don't be used like this.

spudlike1 Wed 30-Dec-15 18:14:08

Get a new hobby ...go running / swimming .
Play loud music . Join OLD
clean out the attic
Fgs don't txt him

Joysmum Wed 30-Dec-15 18:16:08

Delete and block him now so you're not tempted.

suchstuffasbaddreamsaremadeof Wed 30-Dec-15 18:29:04

Can't bring myself to delete him, and then i thought , what if he's deleted my number and so he can't text me? So if i text him he'll have my number again ?

AnyFucker Wed 30-Dec-15 18:32:49

what is it with all these posters this holiday season that think any relationship, even one where they get used like a piece of meat, is something to hang on to at any price ? confused

Epilepsyhelp Wed 30-Dec-15 18:34:48

Why on earth would you want him to have your number again?? This man will never be any good for you and will never make you happy. You've done well for five days and need to stick to it.

FinallyHere Wed 30-Dec-15 18:40:22

Oh dear.

Would it help to think about what might happen next? Would you rather you never knew whether he tried to get in touch again or take back the power, delete and block him and make sure you open yourself to much better prospects.

I'd encourage you to have a look at self esteem and make sure you future without him, is great.

suchstuffasbaddreamsaremadeof Wed 30-Dec-15 19:20:20

I've just put credit on to text him! This is difficult

AnyFucker Wed 30-Dec-15 20:01:23

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

definitelybutter1 Wed 30-Dec-15 20:05:15

Have a look at the Mumsnet Classics board.

It is guaranteed to take your mind off practically everything and there is loads of stuff. My current favourite is this

hugs.

scarednoob Wed 30-Dec-15 20:06:36

You don't want a text back. That doesn't count. Save your dignity and don't do it.

RunRabbitRunRabbit Wed 30-Dec-15 20:07:36

Give your phone to a friend. In fact, get a friend round asap.

Read classics as a pp suggested.

DO NOT DRINK.

spudlike1 Wed 30-Dec-15 20:19:17

Round and round like a hamster in a ball
You can step off you know

suchstuffasbaddreamsaremadeof Wed 30-Dec-15 20:27:09

And if i step off?..what then?

loveyoutothemoon Wed 30-Dec-15 20:28:22

Are you happy to just have sex with him? If so go ahead.

spudlike1 Wed 30-Dec-15 20:32:26

Freedom.

hefzi Wed 30-Dec-15 20:47:02

Look- he doesn't want what you want out of this. If he's deleted your number, it's because he has no interest in contacting you again. If he hasn't deleted your number and still hasn't contacted you, he's not interested in contacting you again. Either way- he's not interested in contacting you.

Hang on to what dignity you've got left, and make the conscious decision not to engage with him.

temporarilyjerry Wed 30-Dec-15 20:52:23

If you step off you have a chance to find a decent man who will treat you with respect.

Samaritan1 Wed 30-Dec-15 22:43:51

If you step off you will feel like crap, you will be terrified and you will feel alone. For a while.

Then one day you will wake up and be really glad you did. You will be free and you won't be feeling anxious any more. You'll realise that the anxiety and stress of it all was making you unhappy and you weren't really living. You can start to build your self esteem and work out why you allowed yourself to be used.

But unfortunately you do have to go through the crap first. You will come out the other side though. That's how it works cake

DifferentCats Wed 30-Dec-15 22:55:21

AnyFucker

Pathetic

What exactly makes you think you have the right to abuse other people like this? For their own good? You're going to bully them for their own good?

Take a look at yourself.

Sorry, OP. You ARE NOT pathetic. Don't listen to horseshit like that.

DifferentCats Wed 30-Dec-15 22:56:55

Ugh... I've reported the post too. Just unbearably mean to pick on someone while they are feeling low and disguise it as altruism.

jellyjiggles Wed 30-Dec-15 23:01:13

Just don't! You are being played by him. He is using you and controlling you. It's time to stop now. It's going to hurt. It's going to be hard but he's eating you alive op and only you can stop him!

He's a shit quite frankly! Your a person with feelings and he doesn't respect you!

Fckup Wed 30-Dec-15 23:02:33

Don't do it. I understand as I'm one of those that's struggled this Christmas with thinking being a piece of meat is better than nothing but you will come out the other side. Remember that this too will pass and look at the headspace website x

goddessofsmallthings Wed 30-Dec-15 23:17:09

Putting credit on your phone for the sole purpose of texting him doesn't equate with "really trying hard not to" make contact with him, OP.

It seems to me your only purpose in texting him is to initiate another sexual encounter of the demeaning kind and I very much doubt that anything anyone says here will stop you.

Putting out for a man who has no respect for you and only wants you for sex has reduced you to being nothing more than his unpaid prostitute.

What you are gaining from these uncaring and unfeeling sexual transactions and why do you feel the need to let him use your body whenever he wants?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now