Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Lost my sex drive and can't get in the mood any more. Help!

(4 Posts)
itwasmuchbetter Wed 30-Dec-15 09:23:25

I am 40 and have always been able to orgasm during PIV and getting in the mood for sex was never an issue. I've been married to DH for 13 years with 2 dc age 9 and 12. Even when they were small we a good frequent sex life and have always had sex at least 3 times a week. Over the past few months though I have found it harder to get turned on and so not so able to orgasm and hoping that DH doesn't want sex. In that time DH has started a new job and his mind has very much been on that so he has been less present emotionally. Even though I understand this is not his fault I do resent it a bit and feel a bit like he has put family on hold a little to focus on his job (I know that sounds spoilt but being honest). I have also started training for a sporting event next summer so exercising couple of hours most days. I am not sure what is causing the change in my sex drive bit really need to sort it as it has always been an important part of our relationship.

ALaughAMinute Wed 30-Dec-15 09:38:19

Have you really lost your sex drive or is it because your husband is emotionally unavailable at the moment?

itwasmuchbetter Wed 30-Dec-15 09:45:58

I really don't know if that is the reason why but that is something that has changed in our lives recently so possibly.

PattyPenguin Wed 30-Dec-15 12:10:22

There may also be a hormonal element. By and large, women's hormones change after the age of 40, even though you may not go through the menopause until your 50s (though that is difficult to predict).

You could see whether your GP can arrange for tests. Not all will.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now