Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How would you react?...Admin of what's app group deliberately removed me.....

(17 Posts)
Itsjansoon Tue 29-Dec-15 23:56:46

An admin from a whats app group that myself and a relative are on deliberately removed me because my relative wanted to anounce that she was expecting. I came to know because a friend in the group told me.

How would you react to this if this happened to you?

AuntyBatshit Wed 30-Dec-15 00:05:00

It depends on the circumstances. Are you ttc? Sorry for being nosey, but it may have been a (thoughtless) way of protecting you?

Morganly Wed 30-Dec-15 00:09:28

Sorry, that doesn't make sense. Why would you be removed because of something about your relative?

Itsjansoon Wed 30-Dec-15 00:13:56

AuntyBatshit Oh I didn't think of it like that i.e. trying to protect me. I'm not ttc

tribpot Wed 30-Dec-15 00:18:16

Did she want to keep it quiet in the family a while longer?

Itsjansoon Wed 30-Dec-15 00:19:44

Morganly
My relative wanted to announce she was expecting on a what's app group we are both on . She hasn't told me. I was removed from the whatsapp group by the admin. After that she made an announcement to the group. I only came to know separately from a friend in the group.

Penguito Wed 30-Dec-15 00:22:30

Why would she not want you to know?

Arfarfanarf Wed 30-Dec-15 00:24:50

I would contact the admin and ask why i had been removed.
I would also contact all the people i was friendly with in the group and set up another one to chat with them

iamlionesshearmeroar Wed 30-Dec-15 00:25:13

That's odd, does the admin not like you?

Morganly Wed 30-Dec-15 00:25:18

OK, so this is something to do with your relative. Do you not get on? Is there a reason why she wouldn't want you to know or is she just being a bitch? It sounds like she is more friendly with the admin person than you are so she has asked for you to be removed. The problem is with your relative and the admin person is colluding, yes?

Itsjansoon Wed 30-Dec-15 00:32:13

That's what I can't figure out..why she wouldn't want me to know. She has always mentioned her past pregnancies early on. I would totally understand if she had problem pregnancies in the past and didn't want to tell but she hasn't had any problems

ThumbWitchesAbroad Wed 30-Dec-15 00:35:51

Is this group all people that you know in RL? have you upset your relative in some way, that she would feel the need for you not to know about her pg?

I do think it's off, what's been done - if your relative had issues with you knowing about her pg, why not just message them individually rather than have you removed? Rude.

<disclaimer: I know nothing about whatsapp so don't know if private messaging is an option>

Stillunexpected Wed 30-Dec-15 00:36:17

So tell her that you became aware you had been removed from the group and ask her why she requested that? We can all guess on here as much as we like but you won't know what the actual reason is unless you ask her.

Itsjansoon Wed 30-Dec-15 00:40:05

Morganly
We've had a differences in the past which I thought we resolved a while ago. Since then I have had the impression that we get on better now then before. I don't know what's changed.

Yes it's the colluding between the admin and relative that i find very childish.

Itsjansoon Wed 30-Dec-15 00:46:29

ThumbWitchesAbroad

I don't think I have upset my relative recently. That's what I thought that she could have privately messaged individuals or a group of individuals rather then get me removed from the existing group.

ThumbWitchesAbroad Wed 30-Dec-15 01:16:18

Well either way it sounds horribly juvenile playground behaviour and I wouldn't bother with your relative or the admin again. Obviously you are still friends with at least one member of the group, who told you what happened - but what about the rest?

RealityCheque Wed 30-Dec-15 10:53:26

How would you react to this if this happened to you?

I would ask the two people who know the answer rather than randomers in the internet who can only speculate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now