Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

just realised what I'm missing

(12 Posts)
chelle792 Fri 25-Dec-15 10:05:40

I was stood in the kitchen looking around thinking I'm hosting a ton of family today and i must have missed something because I feel calm, relaxed and happy pottering around. I feel in control and organised. Turkey, yes. No, I haven't forgotten the potatoes.

Then I finally realised what I'd missed! I've not got the stress, the pressure, the panic of reaching someone else's expectations. I've not got the worry of failing or not doing it good enough.

This is my first Christmas with my husband and I'm just so relieved that I finally after nine years left my ex and rebuilt my life.

There is life after an abusive relationship and I am just seeing the light. It's a breath of fresh air and I haven't missed anything!

guiltynetter Fri 25-Dec-15 10:07:56

this is a lovely post. what a difference!

Savagebeauty Fri 25-Dec-15 10:09:28

Yes!!!! Me too x
Calm, relaxed...dcs and I are watching Gavin and Stacey and eating Heroes. Which would not have been allowed last year...or the last 20.
Have a wonderful day chelle

emm0371 Fri 25-Dec-15 10:24:50

Merry Christmas. It is amazing feeling, Have a wonderful day.

PatriciaJones Fri 25-Dec-15 10:47:13

Brilliant news op!
Have a good one!
smile

Iwonderwhy123 Fri 25-Dec-15 10:51:23

That's a lovely post fsmile
Enjoy the lovely Christmas that you so clearly deserve.

kittybiscuits Fri 25-Dec-15 11:04:22

Brilliant post. Also enjoying freedom here x

Gowgirl Fri 25-Dec-15 11:20:58

Merry Christmas! Enjoy!

Mrskeats Fri 25-Dec-15 11:29:10

Yes same here
It's so nice being with someone who is loving and caring after previous ea relationships
Merry Christmas fsmile

RudeElf Fri 25-Dec-15 11:43:22

Oh that is so lovely! I am so happy for you that you have this now. Enjoy your relaxing stress free day OP smile

Cherrycrystal Fri 25-Dec-15 11:52:59

This is such a nice post!
Merry Christmas

Lweji Fri 25-Dec-15 11:55:32

Merry Christmas.
It really is worth it. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now