Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

HEEEELP

(8 Posts)
Dinkiedoo Sun 29-Nov-15 15:08:34

Ive worked as a nurse for donkeys years and have now started working for a private company .Its a lot of studying and they are fast tracking me so I can work on my own in a couple of weeks and Im terrified.
I suffer with anxiety when someone watches me/ assesses me.
I have a big exam coming up and I have to be assessed as competent the week after and I am dreading it so much.
I know I am blowing out of all proportion but I just cant stop it .
I cant stop thinking about it and its disturbing my sleep.
I am working with my boss next week and I think I may mess things up because of my anxiety

GoldenSpaceCadet Sun 29-Nov-15 15:39:19

I know how you feel. Have you tried beta blockers? They work for me when I've done presentations.

holeinmyheart Sun 29-Nov-15 19:53:13

Quick, you are getting the anxiety out of control. Get Beta Blockers!

Dinkiedoo Thu 03-Dec-15 11:25:53

I did it .It was nerve wracking and I was shaking so much but he told me I was fine. He told me he was only there to help me and it was his job to find fault . H e made me laugh and then we got on with it even tho it was stressful .
Thanks for advice xxxxx

hellsbellsmelons Thu 03-Dec-15 15:44:11

Get to your GP and some anxiety tablets to take for a short while until you are through this.

GoldenSpaceCadet Thu 03-Dec-15 16:28:17

Well done Dinkidoo

Dinkiedoo Thu 03-Dec-15 18:28:44

thank you xxx

holeinmyheart Thu 03-Dec-15 21:22:02

I think you should ask him to refer you so that you can go on a Mindful course.
Because you are going to come up against many stressful situations during the course of your job. Mindful will help with anxiety and help you realise that the stressful situation will be there whether you are anxious or not.
Well done any way. I hope your exam goes well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now