Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Abuse (triggering)

(7 Posts)
WatchaGonnaDo Tue 10-Nov-15 22:05:43

I'm due at station tomorrow to report my father for sexually abusive messages - I don't know if anything else happened, my childhood is a blur. I have evidence of messages. head fucked

UptownFunk00 Tue 10-Nov-15 22:30:28

What a horrible thing to go through, op. Are you wanting to try and figure out what happened in the past? Hypnotherapy is said to be very good for bringing back memories but often the memories are very traumatic.

Do you have anyone who can go with you for support?

Father88883 Wed 11-Nov-15 00:41:55

I am sorry for you. I can imagine this is rough beyond belief. But please seek professional help to help you deal mentally this with this stuff. My ex wife could never bring her self to deal with her past. In the end it got the better of her and she went off the rails and destroyed her life. I know it may be easier said than done but please deal with it head on and don't burry deep inside. Don't let the evil of the past destroy your future.

Wish you all the best.

goddessofsmallthings Wed 11-Nov-15 02:38:26

This site www.intothelight.org.uk/real.asp may be of interest to you and if you click on 'finding support' under resources you'll find a list of other organisations that offer support to survivors of sexual abuse, one or more of which may be near your home.

Unless suggested to you as part of ongoing treatment by a pyschiartrist/clinical psychologist, please don't consider hypnotherapy as there have been many instances of false memories being recovered .

flowers Please know that you are doing absolutely the right thing in reporting the messages you've received to the police. I'll be thinking of you later today and hope you'll be back with an update.

WatchaGonnaDo Wed 11-Nov-15 18:45:08

Thank you all. I made a statement to say I didn't want to take it any further, not to protect him but my own wellbeing. He was never a "father" and now, thanks to his own actions as I was the only person who bothered with him, he is alone and will see out the rest of his days that way.

Father thank you, I have an appointment tomorrow to access counselling as I fear it could go that way as I had a very public breakdown over it. I hope your wife found peace, you don't say if it ever reached a good point but I hope your family is well.

Father88883 Wed 11-Nov-15 19:13:10

Unfortunately not, as least for us a couple, our marriage is over. We still talk most days and she has said she has finally got some help and in her case some medication too. I hope too that she can find peace in the future as I still care about her a lot and will always love her.

Well done with getting help. I hope you can also find peace and a bright future. Take care.

WatchaGonnaDo Wed 11-Nov-15 19:21:35

I'm sorry to hear that Father, it's only now I realise the impact on my previous relationships. I wish you both well, my kids dad has been equally supportive even though we've been apart and it has really helped.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now